2015 Lacrosse will not always start

buick15

Buick Ownership
2015 buick lacrosse v6
car does not always start and is doing this more often. it acts as if the battery is low, but put new battery in and still does the same thing. it will sometimes say theft deterrent or stabilizer.
is there a starter relay or module going bad. the is a remote type start keyless style. also replaced batteries in the remotes. thanks

Pops2010

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
I had this issue on my 2015 too. The difference with mine was that once it was started, the door locks would unlock and lock non stop and then the theft deter light would go on and then service stabilitrack would come on too. The dealer never could figure it out.

buick15

Buick Ownership
2015 buick lacrosse v6
i hear ya, that is why I am trying to find out if there is a relay or switch causing the problem.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
did you have the charging system tested and have a test for a parasitic drain or just went and replaced the battery?

buick15

Buick Ownership
2015 buick lacrosse v6
yes, had the battery checked, charging system, and starter pull. what is weird is if a relay, it sometimes goes on and on at a slow pace turning the motor over and the it either stops complete of the car starts to run

buick15

Buick Ownership
2015 buick lacrosse v6
yes my point that the starter clicks over and turns slow and the either shtus down or the motor starts running and is doing this with a new battery ase well as the old when. I have a spare battery that I just bought for another car . that is what I put init. . but this is more than old school theory since this is keyless. I noticed that the click is coming from the fuse area which has several. realys. so I went on rock auto to see what the relays are and there is a relay for the ignition that tells the keyless button to work. I think that is the problem. it may be going bad. will order that and see what happens. under $10 so no biggy.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Has the actual starter itself been checked along with the wires? Kind of hard to tell if that's been done by the descriptions, nothing old school here it's basic trouble shooting. If the starter is bad or going, positive / negative ground wires loose or corroded it will have signs of what you have described also, just another option to consider.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.