• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 Radio on but no sound

CG2018

Buick Ownership
LaCross
We have a 2015 Lacrosse and when we get in and start it the radio comes on but no sound, usually we turn the car off and restart it and the radio plays. My wife got in this morning to go to work (7-27-2018) and the same thing she tried starting several times, but had trouble starting the car so she swapped key FOBS.
Any reason why the radio would not produce sound?

EDSELRANGER

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
If the sound has been muted for some reason... (mute button on steering wheel, volume turned all the way down, volume button on radio momentarily depressed, phone/bluetooth activated etc,) the upper left hand corner of your display/touch-screen should show the 'mute' icon (speaker symbol with 'X'). Selecting the volume up on either the radio itself, or the steering wheel should automatically cancel the mute. The 'Volume' display should indicate that action also.

I would make sure radio/music is selected on the touch-screen (Treble clef symbol). Check the radio source (might be a delay or interruption in signal if satellite selected). Needing to restart the car to resolve this problem seems like should be a last resort in my opinion.

Doug J

Buick Ownership
2015 lacrosse
I've got a 2015 that does the same thing. Sometimes turning it off and back on works but not all the time. Very frustrating.

myredcar

CT
Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse Leather 3.6
check your radio settings. There are auto volume options in there that may be the cause. I had the opposite problem. My wife was bothered by the radio coming on as soon as she started the car. I had to turn off the auto volume in the sttings.

Turbo Buick Badge