2015 Speaker Wiring Diagram

todd141

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm looking for 2015 stereo/speaker wiring diagrams. I don't have the upgraded Bose system, just the 7 speaker stock. I would like to upgrade the speakers, and possibly add an amp and some 6x9s in the empty spaces there on the back deck where the Bose system has speakers.

Also, anyone know the ohm rating of the stock speakers? I think I read somewhere that the front center is 8 ohms, but I don't recall seeing anything about the other 6.

Has anyone upgraded or added speakers to the '15 stock system, or know of information anywhere about doing this? My 2002 Regal Monsoon would get a LOT louder than this base system. It sounds good, but needs a little more power, and I think the speakers in the back doors don't sound that good. (I don't care to add just a subwoofer because i'm not a basshead....)

Thanks in advance for any help/info or pointing me in the right direction to find this information.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
looking at a site such as www.crutchfield.com would tell you what speakers and their ohm rating that they recommend.

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
(Diagrams for the 2014 Regal)

**Let us know if the wires in your 2015 are the same color that they were in 2014**

Center speaker is 3.5"
Tweeters are 1"
*Not sure about your door speakers, probably 6.5"- 6.75".

I had the BOSE system in my 2014 Regal. Only the tweeters in the front doors were 4Ω. If you remove the stock speakers they should have a sticker in the back of the magnet that lists the Ω rating. If it is not on the back of the speaker you could always use a digital multimeter to find out.

Hopefully all your speakers are 4Ω

todd141

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks!! When I tear into it, I will update with wire colors as requested. I appreciate it!

Also, last time I checked Crutchfield for the 2015 Regal, it gave me a message saying they haven't researched the vehicle yet.

Chiro

Buick Newbie
Santa Cruz
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal Turbo
Hey Todd141, were you ever able to upgrade your speakers? I went to best Buy last night and had picked out all of my components, front component speakers, rear 6.5 door and adding 6x9 rear deck, and when time came to pay the tech rushed out and said he wouldn't be able to install or upgrade anything because my base 7 speaker HK system was lowpassed... whatever that means.

Just want to know if you were successful in upgrading your speakers at all. I own a 2016 Premium I with 7 boring speakers ;)

tjacks01

Buick Newbie
Garden City, Missouri
Buick Ownership
Regal Turbo AWD
In my 2014, I found it in the trunk behind the gray carpet panel on the passenger side. Remove two black plastic retainers and pull back the panel. You will find it mounted to a vertical plastic mount on the trunk bottom.

G-240394

My front speakers in driver and passenger side are cutting out and coming back on over and over on 2015 buick regal. Fuses seem to be in working order, anyone have this problem before?

qitcryn

Ohio
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
Any update with your upgrade?? I'm looking to do the same thing..in my 2015 Lacrosse...there are no pics or vids on radio removal..I planned on tapping head unit wire connect to an 5channel amp..then tap back into speaker read and front door speak wires..only wiire I want to deal with is for subwoofer.

Digi

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal
2016 Regal without Bose. Having trouble locating the speaker wires. Tore the dash apart and cannot find them, none of the wires I saw match the diagram. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Attachments

• 20200420_175127.jpg
    20200420_175127.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 29

Jdizzle

Buick Ownership
2014 buick verono base model
2016 Regal without Bose. Having trouble locating the speaker wires. Tore the dash apart and cannot find them, none of the wires I saw match the diagram. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Did u ever find speaker wires and what color theh were?

Digi

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal
Yes, I figured it out after taking quite a bit of time digging through wiring diagrams and the car’s wiring harness. This is what I found, and 100% working.

Connector X210 (104 wires), which is in the front driver’s side kick panel behind the hood release lever, is were I tapped the wires. Green (Left Rear Positive – Pin 56) and Green/Black Strip (Left Rear Negative – Pin 57). I couldn’t get full access to the connector, but I was able to separate all the wires enough to get to what I needed.

I used a line out converter that needed its own power (always on) and ground. I used a Red/Gray Strip wire in the X210 connector for the power (I’m sure there’s a better source, but this is what I used). I just connected the ground to the chassis. Everything fit very nicely back behind the kick panel.

Just for everyone else’s reference, all the other speaker wires run through the front passenger side kick panel connector named X220, which is also a 104 wire connector. I chose the X210 connector because there’s no power in the X220 connector that I saw.

Hopefully this helps everyone going forward, cause it took me a good amount of time to track this down.

guitarplyr113

Buick Newbie
Iowa
Buick Ownership
64 Riv, and 96 Riv
Thank you for sharing the information you found! I am working on my 2016 Lacrosse, and I beleive the wiring is the same so this is super helpful!

Slimm2012Lacrosse

Buick Ownership
Buick Lacrosse
Yes, I figured it out after taking quite a bit of time digging through wiring diagrams and the car’s wiring harness. This is what I found, and 100% working.

Connector X210 (104 wires), which is in the front driver’s side kick panel behind the hood release lever, is were I tapped the wires. Green (Left Rear Positive – Pin 56) and Green/Black Strip (Left Rear Negative – Pin 57). I couldn’t get full access to the connector, but I was able to separate all the wires enough to get to what I needed.

I used a line out converter that needed its own power (always on) and ground. I used a Red/Gray Strip wire in the X210 connector for the power (I’m sure there’s a better source, but this is what I used). I just connected the ground to the chassis. Everything fit very nicely back behind the kick panel.

Just for everyone else’s reference, all the other speaker wires run through the front passenger side kick panel connector named X220, which is also a 104 wire connector. I chose the X210 connector because there’s no power in the X220 connector that I saw.

Hopefully this helps everyone going forward, cause it took me a good amount of time to track this down.
I have a 2012 lacrosse are the wire located in the same spot and are they the same colors plz help

westsyde_rydah

Buick Ownership
2015 Regal GS
In my 2014, I found it in the trunk behind the gray carpet panel on the passenger side. Remove two black plastic retainers and pull back the panel. You will find it mounted to a vertical plastic mount on the trunk bottom.
Do you happen to know which is the remote wire? or do you have the schematics for the amp? ive been searching 2015...maybe I should do 2014

Digi

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal
Do you happen to know which is the remote wire? or do you have the schematics for the amp? ive been searching 2015...maybe I should do 2014

This thread is for the non Bose system. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a factory amp in this configuration.

westsyde_rydah

Buick Ownership
2015 Regal GS
This thread is for the non Bose system. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a factory amp in this configuration.
Ahhh makes sense...the group I’m in on FB all ran through the firewall and I wondered why if there was a source in the trunk.
I’ll double check...thanks for taking the time to reply.

RRR

Buick Ownership
2016 buick regal

Im trying to tap it in the wires at the factory amp do you know where i can get a diagram for that harness? And thank you for the info you provided!

Thatdudeneeks

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal
Does anyone here know where I can find the speaker wires i can tap into to install a LOC on a 2017 Buick Regal?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!