2015 touchscreen blank except say check surround are for safety??

hscott

Buick Newbie
Everett PA
Buick Verano '15'
Hello, wife just got a 2015 Verano and on 5th day she calls me and says the display is blank except it says something like "check surroundings for safety"... when she got to work she shut it off and restarted it and then it was normal. Any idea what this means or what could be going on?

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
That's the back up camera, it always says "check surroundings for safety" when in reverse and the camera turns on.

hscott

Buick Newbie
Everett PA
Buick Verano '15'
I thought maybe it had something to do with that, but it stayed that way for 10 miles till she got to work? Do you think it was just a glitch?

Michael121

2015 Verano Turbo
That happens to me occasionally on my 2015 Verano Turbo after I go from Reverse to Drive. The camera blacks out, but the words of warning remain and the "normal screen" (what the radio is playing, nav map, etc.) never refreshes on the display. After turning off the radio and turning it back on, the screen reappears normally. A glitch. I have had other bugs with "Intellilink" that are annoying - when the dealer tried to update the software about 6 months ago, it took an unusually long time and more glitches appeared, almost as if the system reverted to a beta test version. I will try another update next visit (and I hope things don't go further downhill).

G-185761

Hello, wife just got a 2015 Verano and on 5th day she calls me and says the display is blank except it says something like "check surroundings for safety"... when she got to work she shut it off and restarted it and then it was normal. Any idea what this means or what could be going on?
Mine said Check surroundings for your safety when I was dropping off a friend in a really bad area.
It wouldnt go off until I turned off my van and waited for awhile to restart my van.I had never seen that before. It creeped me out.

Turbo Buick Badge