• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2016 buick regal which octane?

Robert1955

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal Turbo
91 is recommended. I have used 87, 89, 91, and 93 in mine it seems to like 89 the best from a MPG standpoint giving me 31 on this last tank. I just got mine a month ago and have been experimenting some, the 87 was my first fill, about 1/2 of a tank and it ran ok, I don't plan on anything less than 89 on a regular basis.

jimmy2T

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal Sport Touring
I use the best available - usually 93. On the occasion when I used lower octane, acceleration and mileage suffered. Just over 20,000 mi, average in mostly city driving is 27.5.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
If it's the 2.0T, definitely higher octane.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
has nothing to do with the octane of your gasoline.
Do you have a check engine light on?
If you do, go to a autozone or other parts store that will do a free code lookup.

jimmy2T

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal Sport Touring
Take it to a reputable shop and get it checked - black smoke usually can't be fixed by a change in octane or an oil change.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Black Smoke
Black exhaust smoke means the engine is burning too much fuel. The first thing you should check is your air-filter and other intake components like sensors, fuel injectors and the fuel-pressure regulator.

Other reasons could be a clogged fuel return line. Black smoke is usually the easiest issue to diagnose and fix, but burning unnecessary fuel will definitely affect your fuel economy, so don’t think of avoiding this one to save money, any delay will be costly.

Is it still under warranty?

andrea grima

Black Smoke
Black exhaust smoke means the engine is burning too much fuel. The first thing you should check is your air-filter and other intake components like sensors, fuel injectors and the fuel-pressure regulator.

Other reasons could be a clogged fuel return line. Black smoke is usually the easiest issue to diagnose and fix, but burning unnecessary fuel will definitely affect your fuel economy, so don’t think of avoiding this one to save money, any delay will be costly.

Thank you.....I'll take it back to the dealer

andrea grima

Black Smoke

yes ...I Will and yes it is...thank you

Turbo Buick Badge