• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2016 Enclave adding apple play

Banjomaniac

Buick Ownership
2016 Enclave
Is there any way or has anybody found a way to add Apple play to a 2016 Buick Enclave? This enclave doesn't have navigation but it is a large touchscreen with backup camera etc.

Valentine

Buick Ownership
Enclave
Is there any way or has anybody found a way to add Apple play to a 2016 Buick Enclave? This enclave doesn't have navigation but it is a large touchscreen with backup camera etc.
I joined the forums for this reason too. Any luck? I have a 2017 Enclave with Navigation, touchscreen, and the backup camera. I would like to add Android auto to it. Anyone know how? Is their an update or something I can do? I don't want to replace my radio or open my dash.

myredcar

CT
Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse Leather 3.6
I believe it is just a software update for your vehicle. You would have to pay the dealer to do it though it was free for awhile. Here is the TSB for the update:
Service bulletin 16-NA-042. You must have radio RPO IO5 or IO6.

From the bulletin:

Infotainment System Upgrade for Android Auto Feature

Attention: Effective April 14, 2017, any requests for Android Auto software upgrades for 2016/2017 model year vehicles with NGI 2.5, I05 and I06 radios which were built between June 1, 2015 and April 4, 2016, which have not had previously had the Android Auto upgrade performed, should be considered a customer pay transaction. Vehicles produced after April 4, 2016 were produced with the Android Auto software installed. Any charges for the upgrade should be determined and agreed upon with the customer prior to the upgrade being implemented. Effective April 14, 2017 labor op codes will no longer be available for the software updates associated with service bulletin #16-NA-042. This bulletin applied to select 2016/2017 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles that were built between June 1, 2015 and April 4, 2016 and equipped with IO5 and IO6 radios requiring the D6 software upgrade to add the Android Auto feature.

The option code sticker is in or around the spare tire area. Look on the cardboard cover. Sometimes they're under the spare tire. If you can't find it, a call to your local dealership parts department with the last eight digits of your VIN will get you the needed information. The job paid .4 hour under warranty, but if customer pay, could be higher. The GM service programming system may take several hours to program a vehicle.

Turbo Buick Badge