• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2016 LaCrosse brakes

Rossland

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse
The time is approaching when I will need a brake job, new pads and perhaps disks. I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade to something better than OEM. but I don't need anything wild like the Brembos they put on high end Corvettes.

I know there is a lot of expertise here, so what do you experts recommend.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
My Boss Mustang is a big problem with the Brembos. Car doesn't have a spare tire. The rotors and calipers are way oversized on the front, back not too bad.

Do have a full size compact spare now but costly. HotZ28 has a very good idea for upgrade. When all else fails reread posts lol.

Oh too, looked last week for the container of slime to go with air compressor, couldn't find it at all. So riding around the past 6 years with no slime, compressor that may or not work and no spare at all of coarse.

Last edited:

Rossland

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse
For an upgrade, I would suggest Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport front & rear package. You will be amazed at the results! BTW, be sure to notice the wheel size of the package, since they are a different size rotor/part number.
2016 BUICK LACROSSE 3.6L V6 Rotor & Brake Pad Kit | RockAuto
Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Rossland

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse
I have replaced the brake pads and rotors with Power Stop Evolution Sport just as HotZ28 suggested. I bought them from Summit Racing.

Very good experience buying from Summit, and I am very pleased with the new brakes, smooth and powerful. Big improvement over OEM.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
How has it improved stops; do you mean less brake fading, squealing or shimmy eliminated. Spongy pedal was also noted on another post- just curious.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium

Rossland

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse
I haven't tried the spare, but I believe the new rotors are the same size as the OEM.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
The time is approaching when I will need a brake job, new pads and perhaps disks. I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade to something better than OEM. but I don't need anything wild like the Brembos they put on high end Corvettes.

I know there is a lot of expertise here, so what do you experts recommend.
If you are an average driver, doing about 10K miles a year with 60% or more city driving -- but are not a "slam on the brakes" or "ride the pedal" driver -- about how long should front pads last, and how long the rotors? My car is at 35K miles and I don't expect it to need a major brake job soon, but what might I expect?

Pedal Commander