2016 Regal GS Heated steering wheel

Thread starter #1

hawk600

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS AWD
Can anyone confirm with certainty that the heated steering wheel function can/cannot in cold weather with the remote start function. Dealer could not tell me if it was or was not possible, only to consult the manual. Seems odd only seats and not both would come on.

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic"
I've never noticed that, here in MD and the last 2 winters when I do my auto start on my 16' GS once I get in it seems like my seats are fairly warm and steering wheel also no warm but slightly. Maybe cuz of the temp setting being at 72 degrees and just warms up the cabin.

mlarabia

Buick Newbie
Northern NJ
Buick Ownership
'17 Buick Regal GS
My 17 GS only has the heated seats option for remote start. The steering wheel heater does not come on.

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
I don't believe the steering wheel will come on automatically with remote start. I'm pretty sure this is a feature that was added into some newer GM products though.

GSPower

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Former GM steering wheel engineer here - I can confirm that the heating function is not capable of being activated via remote start.

Long story, but it's actually tied to the vehicle electrical architecture. The wheel switches in this case are essentially "analog," which means the heat function requires to be physically activated via button push and cannot be woken up via signal from the ECU.

They've moved to some new electrical architectures, and this was on the list of updates being made. I'm not sure what vehicles it's been phased into yet, but I'm sure eventually it'll be present on all vehicles with heated steering wheels.

Hope this helps.

Our 16 Regal does not activate the heated the steering wheel. Similarly our 18 Sierra Denali operates the same way (no heat).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.