• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2016 Regal won't start

16regal

Buick Ownership
Regal
My mom owns at 2016 Regal T with about 70,000 miles. Yesterday, drove it about 50 miles on the interstate at 70+ mph, when she slowed onto the off ramp the car shut down and would not restart. She was stuck in the lane and it would not restart. All lights would come on, but no start whatsoever. She had it towed.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any idea what could cause this problem? Car exhibited no problems prior to shutting down. There's no SES light or any other lights on dash.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Was it towed to a repair shop?
Did the engine crank but not start or the starter was not turning over the engine?
Depending on which case it could be a failure of the battery, the charging system, the fuel system or the ignition system or something else.
Without the car in front of someone to perform basic tests it is just guess work as to what the issue is.

16regal

Buick Ownership
Regal
It will spin over, but will not start. Engine isn't making any abnormal sounds when being spun with the starter. So, sure...it sounds like a fuel or spark issue...just didn't know if this had been experienced by anyone else.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Was it towed to a repair shop and if so have you contacted them as to what the issue is?
I'm sure others have had the same thing happen but again the causes will vary and may not apply to the issue you are experiencing.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Premium - 2.0L Turbo
Had something similar happen in a 91 LeBaron Convertible I had a long time ago.
Ended up being the Fuel Pump.
Was on the highway driving at 70mph and the car started slowing down, then all the Idiot lights came on.
Once I had it stopped on the shoulder of the road I turned the key, the engine turned but wouldn't start!
BTW, I made a Big Mistake buying that LeBaron, it looked nice, but wasn't worth the Headaches!

But as MelRegal stated above, could be a number of things.
But to me it sounds like it's either not getting Gas or it's not getting a Spark.
Guess we can hope it's something simple like a Relay, cheap and easy to fix!

Mrlogic313

Buick Newbie
Detroit, Mi.
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T07
Don't want to scare you but when it happened to my 11 Turbo it needed a engine. Christmas day pulled up to my mom's house and it shook then cut off. That was all she wrote 48 miles before the extended warranty was up lol. Whew dodged a bullet there!

Mackiesback

MInnesota
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal Premium II-Trifecta Tune
I have a 2003 Ram truck and it threw a cam sensor code. Drove it in to the service lane at the dealership, wouldn’t start to drive it out. It could be just about anything.

oldassz

Edmonton AB
Buick Ownership
16 Regal GS
That sucks. Hopefully it's something simple like a fuel pump. Let us know whats going on.

16regal

Buick Ownership
Regal
Turns out it wiped one of the cams and messed up the cam bearings too. New cam, bearings, and other parts to go along with it has it back going. It had about a quart of fuel in the oil too. Don't know whether to drive it or get rid of it. Going to change the oil in 1,000 miles and cut the oil filter open to see what we have. All except for oil change and coolant change covered under the factory powertrain warranty.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Premium - 2.0L Turbo
I'm sure glad you had time left on your Powertrain Warranty!
Those Repairs could have cost you a pretty penny.
That is, unless they charge you $3,000-$4,000 for an Oil & Filter Change and Coolant Change! :cool:

Turbo Buick Badge