• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2017 Buick Encore (Essence) - how to find engine size?

buckeyestargazer

Buick Ownership
2017 Encore Essence
I recently bought a 2017 Buick Encore with Essence trim. The general vehicle specs say that this model can come with either a 138 or 152 hp 1.4L turbo engine. For the life of me I can't figure out which engine I have. If I look up the VIN it just tells me the 1.4L turbo without the horsepower. How do I tell which engine I have? Thanks in advance!

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
There should be a sticker on the core support with an engine code on it. That’s the family your engine belongs to. All you need to do is cross reference the code using Google University to find the HP

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
If you find A14NET or LUJ as your engine code, you have the base 138hp 1.4; if you find B14XFT or LE2 as the engine code on your Encore, you have the uplevel 1.4 engine.

buckeyestargazer

Buick Ownership
2017 Encore Essence
If you find A14NET or LUJ as your engine code, you have the base 138hp 1.4; if you find B14XFT or LE2 as the engine code on your Encore, you have the uplevel 1.4 engine.
Thanks for the codes. Where do I find the engine code?

mshultz

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Essence AWD
Here is a picture of the 138 hp base engine:
images.jpg

Here is a picture of the 153 hp optional engine:
images2.jpg

The optional engine has the start-stop feature, while the base engine does not.

Pedal Commander