• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2017 Buick Encore

g_176189

I’ve had my Encore for 1 1/2 yrs and absolutely love it. But in the last week I’ve noticed the windshield wipers do not work when it’s cold out (32F or below). Took it to dealer last Thursday and Service Manager was baffled. Wires, fuses, etc looked okay. Wiper motor seemed like it wasn’t working. Had an appt. for Friday and when I went to drop it off, wipers were working. Service Manager said there wasn’t much he could do if they were working. So I left with my car. All weekend wipers have worked and not worked. I finally realized it has to be connected to cold weather. In the morning they don’t work but as weather gets warmer throughout the day, they work/then at night when temperature drops they stop working. Headed back to dealer tomorrow morning. Anyone else have this problem or clue to what is going on?

David Lopez Vargas

Garfield, NJ
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Encore Essence AWD w/ 153hp
Never had that issues happen before. Sounds like there's more going on than what it looks like.
It could be that the motors seize in the cold and freeze up. I would honestly use the remote start when its cold and let the car warm up and see if that's the issue. Most of the cars systems are electric so that might be why you have this issue. Good Luck

adamcar

Buick Ownership
Buick
I’ve had my Encore for 1 1/2 yrs and absolutely love it. But in the last week I’ve noticed the windshield wipers do not work when it’s cold out (32F or below). Took it to dealer last Thursday and Service Manager was baffled. Wires, fuses, etc looked okay. Wiper motor seemed like it wasn’t working. Had an appt. for Friday and when I went to drop it off, wipers were working. Service Manager said there wasn’t much he could do if they were working. So I left with my car. All weekend wipers have worked and not worked. I finally realized it has to be connected to cold weather. In the morning they don’t work but as weather gets warmer throughout the day, they work/then at night when temperature drops they stop working. Headed back to dealer tomorrow morning. Anyone else have this problem or clue to what is going on?
My 2017 Encore was doing the same thing. Dealer replaced the wiper motor under warranty several months ago and has been fine since. Hopefully it was just a bad batch and will not happen again.

Pedal Commander