2017 Buick LaCrosse - The Style To Watch

News Man

Contributing Member
Staff member
Buick Ownership
Buick
Those tri-shields your grandma and grandpa drive around in are getting major facelifts, and are catching buzz with the younger crowd.

As an avid Buick enthusiast, the new style of Buick excites me. I was never a fan of the new Buicks (2010+), but this new style that we've seen in the 2017 LaCrosse excites me for the future of Buick.
Buick took a bold stance with its Avenir concept released in 2015, and made hints that this style would make its way into the future Buicks.
If you look at the Avenir style, there are throwbacks to the Riviera Boattail in the early 70's, a traditional chrome waterfall grille, as well as curves in the body running from the front wheels to the rear wheels in the lowest portion of the doors and quarter panels. Spokespersons for Buick said the Avenir hinted at the future of Buick.

2017 Buick LaCrosse - The Style To Watch

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Peppy and handles well for a car that isn't exactly designed to chew up the track. 5.9 second 0-60 is highly competitive for a largish sedan.

markfnc

Johnston County, NC
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
2 years later but i sat in new Lacrosse at Raleigh Auto Expo. It looks so much better than prev generation Lacrosse. Looks longer. Seats were great, back seat roomy and comfortable.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
This thread is only 20 months old.

That " Excitement Generated " as it applies to the LaCrosse has resulted in a 58% decrease in sales from 2017 to 2018.

Sadly, only about 500 Generation 3 LaCrosses are sold now per month in the U.S.

The Michigan Factory where they are produced is set to soon close.

A 2020 model year refresh will only be seen on the Chinese LaCrosse, not here is the States.

The Death of the Sedan is officially here. ( Although they still make up half the cars on today's road-scape )

Cylces are just that, they run in Cycles...

The Sedan may see a comeback in future years as a specialty niche akin to today's Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers - modern day homages to the bygone muscle car era... who know ?

This first post made 20 months ago surely missed the mark.

The author says they were... and I Quote " never a fan of the new Buicks (2010+)"

Well, Generation 1 and 2 LaCrosses by far outsold the current Generation 3; so obviously there are far more fans of these cars the the 2017+ Gen 3 you predicted would be - And I Quote again " catching buzz with the younger crowd".

Sincerely,

A fan ( one of many still excited and generating a buzz with the 2010+ ) Buick LaCrosse ~ Bhodi

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.