2017 Regal GS Bose upgrade

mikewohlwend

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD
I have a 2017 Regal GS and I'm not very happy with the Bose system. I am looking to upgrade the speakers and maybe add a subwoofer.

How much of a pain is it to replace everything?

Have even considered a Tesla style screen/radio.

spazztic

Buick Ownership
2016 buick regal premium 2 turbo
Speakers and amp isn't hard. There is also a built in woofer.

However if you replaced the radio you would lose all function of climate control and stuff on the radio. However you can still keep the stock radio and hookup new speakers and amps.

You'll need to run a fuse line to the battery for any amps you add

mikewohlwend

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD
Speakers and amp isn't hard. There is also a built in woofer.

However if you replaced the radio you would lose all function of climate control and stuff on the radio. However you can still keep the stock radio and hookup new speakers and amps.

You'll need to run a fuse line to the battery for any amps you add

I haven't added or changed anything yet. I really don't want to run a line out converter to add a sub. But I highly doubt the factory radio has rca outputs

spazztic

Buick Ownership
2016 buick regal premium 2 turbo
I haven't added or changed anything yet. I really don't want to run a line out converter to add a sub. But I highly doubt the factory radio has rca outputs
You can replace the stereo, but like I said you lose all the premium features integrated into the stereo.

This car is basically do not remove stock radio, even crutchfeild is like, don't touch.

This website may help you

Malo83

Buick Newbie
Cent Cal
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS 2.0T
Not impressed with the Bose system in my 17 GS either. The Pioneer system that was in my wifes 2015 GMC Terrain DENALI kicked butt with the built in 8" sub, even the factory system in our 2008 Malibu LTZ sounds better, Bose dropped the ball on this one.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
It depends on what kind of music you listen to. Bose is good for jazz and classical. Not that good bass response for heavy metal or rap. Its the best car system I've had .

Get your turbo buick badge right here!