• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2017 Reliability Issues? CR Rating Drop

wcladley

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal 2.0
I just purchased a 2017 in late October. It had incredibly low miles and I am pretty satisfied with it, but I saw today that it's reliability rating has been downgraded in Consumer Reports latest survey from 5/5 to 2/5 for reliability on the basis of major transmission issues. Has anyone experienced these issues? What are they? The car was ranked as the number one car in its segment for reliability in October, and now it has dropped to 6 of 9. Kind of worrying.

Attachments

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
My wife and I both have a 2014 Regal and neither one has had transmission problems after 80,000 miles. I assume it's the same trans as yours so there's no need to worry. The drive train warranty is 6 yr/70,000 miles so you should have at least 3 years and/or the mileage difference remaining if the trans does require repairing. Plus you can always buy an extended warranty if you plan to keep it longer than the term of the factory warranty.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
The article that I read this morning referred to the newer transmissions with more speeds. One or more of these was a GM/Ford collaboration and is having some problems.

LKN Regal

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal Turbo premium
I just purchased a 2017 in late October. It had incredibly low miles and I am pretty satisfied with it, but I saw today that it's reliability rating has been downgraded in Consumer Reports latest survey from 5/5 to 2/5 for reliability on the basis of major transmission issues. Has anyone experienced these issues? What are they? The car was ranked as the number one car in its segment for reliability in October, and now it has dropped to 6 of 9. Kind of worrying.
I have a 2017 and just started having tranny issues. I just posted a thread about it. Other than that and the temperature issue I have with the climate control, I love the car. Drives like a bat out of hell. Gas mileage could be better but my average of 26 mpg isn't too bad for the performance I get.

wcladley

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal 2.0
I have a 2017 and just started having tranny issues. I just posted a thread about it. Other than that and the temperature issue I have with the climate control, I love the car. Drives like a bat out of hell. Gas mileage could be better but my average of 26 mpg isn't too bad for the performance I get.
Just saw your post about the transmission shudder. What did it wind up being? Did the warranty cover it?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The article that I read this morning referred to the newer transmissions with more speeds. One or more of these was a GM/Ford collaboration and is having some problems.
My bad I thought the 2017 Regal had the same transmission as my 2014, which explains the decrease in the reliability rating. I do know there's been a lot of complains about the 8 speed transmission here and on the internet so hopefully GM can resolve the problems.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming it. And after a google search every website indicates it does have the 6 speed trans.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
The article in the Providence Journal was about transmission problems in 2018+ cars. I was not aware that CR had zapped the 2017 reliability.

Pedal Commander