2017 Verano Wont Start!!!

Buick Ownership
2017 Verano
I even went as far as to change the battery it was leaking acid and i changed the starter and it still wont start! no auto places have the code to dignose it with their machines. dealership is too expensive. havent had the car not even a year. checked all the fuses..only odd thing was the service parking brake kept coming on

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
you know your car has 4 year bumper to bumper and 6 year powertrain warranty.

There is a way to re-calibrate the electornic parking brake. I just did it for my brothers 2014 Verano.

Here is how...

Calibration without Scan Tool

1. Ignition ON, apply and hold the brake pedal.

2. Push and hold the electric parking brake switch down for 5-6 seconds.

3. Release the electric parking brake switch.

4. Momentarily push the electric parking brake switch down (while the parking brake light is blinking). With out touching anything else, pop the hood and proceed to step #6.

5. Remove the EPB MODULE fuse and reinstall ( If I remember correctly, it's fuse # 29 in the engine bay fuse panel )

6. Apply the electric parking brake.

7. Release the electric parking brake.

Buick Ownership
2017 Verano
you know your car has 4 year bumper to bumper and 6 year powertrain warranty.

There is a way to re-calibrate the electornic parking brake. I just did it for my brothers 2014 Verano.

Here is how...

Calibration without Scan Tool

1. Ignition ON, apply and hold the brake pedal.

2. Push and hold the electric parking brake switch down for 5-6 seconds.

3. Release the electric parking brake switch.

4. Momentarily push the electric parking brake switch down (while the parking brake light is blinking). With out touching anything else, pop the hood and proceed to step #6.

5. Remove the EPB MODULE fuse and reinstall ( If I remember correctly, it's fuse # 29 in the engine bay fuse panel )

6. Apply the electric parking brake.

7. Release the electric parking brake.
I bought it with 41,000 miles , and I ran the warranty out im over 66,000 miles

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
It's a long shot, but check the starter and ignition fuses.

Starter control fuse is in the engine bay fuse box, fuse # 16.

Ignition / Electronic Key fuse is in the drivers side fuse box, fuse # 22.

Run / Crank relay is in the trunk fuse box, Relay # R01.

Also try to move the shifter from park to neutral and try starting in neutral. If you have push button start, you'll have to press the start button for several seconds (with out touching the brake) to release the shifter from park. Once the shifter is released, you will have to hit the brake pedal to shift into neutral.
If you don't have push start, then just turn the keys to the forward position, apply brake pedal and shift from park to neutral and try starting car.

Buick Ownership
2017 Verano
It's a long shot, but check the starter and ignition fuses.

Starter control fuse is in the engine bay fuse box, fuse # 16.

Ignition / Electronic Key fuse is in the drivers side fuse box, fuse # 22.

Run / Crank relay is in the trunk fuse box, Relay # R01.

Also try to move the shifter from park to neutral and try starting in neutral. If you have push button start, you'll have to press the start button for several seconds (with out touching the brake) to release the shifter from park. Once the shifter is released, you will have to hit the brake pedal to shift into neutral.
If you don't have push start, then just turn the keys to the forward position, apply brake pedal and shift from park to neutral and try starting car.
I will try that.. we tested all the fuses and they all good.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Could just be a worn out starter, or more likely the starter solenoid.
Hence the clicking, but no turning over.
I am assuming the starters on these new cars still have a solenoid attached.....

Oooops .... Update Edit .....
I just re-read the posts....
This is a new starter and it is still just clicking?

But this really sounds like a solenoid issue.
However, the last time I changed a starter was around 1990 and it was on a 1984 Camaro Z-28.
The starter for it included a new solenoid, and it was already attached to the starter.

Last edited:
Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL, 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
There appears to be a TSB on older models, not sure if it's been addressed on newer versions but may worth looking into.

No start Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze - Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice

Another issue with no start.
Buick Intermittent No Start / Stalls – Simple Fix - ALLDATA

These may be long shots listed above, also re-seat all starter related fuses and relays as zeroboostbuick said.

Not knowing the history, the original starter was replaced maybe the root of the problem. If you haven't been able to read the codes how did you determine it was the starter that needed to be replaced?

A car with this kind of milage seems low for a starter, believe me not saying it can't happen, just something to understand and why the problem seems to still be there.

Buick Ownership
2017 Verano
There appears to be a TSB on older models, not sure if it's been addressed on newer versions but may worth looking into.

No start Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze - Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice

Another issue with no start.
Buick Intermittent No Start / Stalls – Simple Fix - ALLDATA

These may be long shots listed above, also re-seat all starter related fuses and relays as zeroboostbuick said.

Not knowing the history, the original starter was replaced maybe the root of the problem. If you haven't been able to read the codes how did you determine it was the starter that needed to be replaced?

A car with this kind of milage seems low for a starter, believe me not saying it can't happen, just something to understand and why the problem seems to still be there.
it wasnt the starter..changed that for nothing...mechanic put a wire from battery on the wrong post and shorted put something in my fuse box. but i jaf someone correct it .. Thank God

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.