2017 Windshield wiper issue

Cheryl Voss

Buick Ownership
Encore
Hi new to this site and looking for some help. Since buying my ‘17 Encore AWD the drivers side wiper drags and makes horrible noise. So, I’ve changed wiper blades, no change, I’ve washed windshield with toothpaste, no change, I’ve washed windshield and wiper blades with white vinegar and alcohol all with no improvement. It doesn’t matter if I’m sitting in a parking spot or driving on the highway in a rain storm , the effect and noise is just awful. Hope someone has some suggestions. Thanks!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Toothpaste? Not sure how that idea was going to work as it's normally used to remove scratches, depending on brand, it was used to seat engine valves a old guy trick. Have you asked the dealer if it's mechanical issue such as the wiper arm or the linkage? If putting things on the window is your way, then a product like Rain-x or other brand window specific type of wax polish is the route to try next to make the blade glide on the window. Also you said that you changed blades, but didn't mention if it was a different manufacturer's style or blade, just another option.

g_377700

Toothpaste? Not sure how that idea was going to work as it's normally used to remove scratches, depending on brand, it was used to seat engine valves a old guy trick. Have you asked the dealer if it's mechanical issue such as the wiper arm or the linkage? If putting things on the window is your way, then a product like Rain-x or other brand window specific type of wax polish is the route to try next to make the blade glide on the window. Also you said that you changed blades, but didn't mention if it was a different manufacturer's style or blade, just another option.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, they were a different band on the replacement blades. To make matters worse, my dealer has gone out of business and the closest Buick dealer is now an hour away. I’ll try rain-x and new blades again.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You have no GM dealers in the area closer to you?

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
I sometimes buy OEM Wiper blades and other OEM parts from Amazon or other OEM online parts retailers.
Mainly because I am "lucky enough" to get to help several family and friends who have next to zero automobile mechanical or maintenance abilities. Hmmm..., I'm beginning to think I work too cheap....?

Last edited:

Cheryl Voss

Buick Ownership
Encore
Remember other GM dealers can perform warranty work and service...the Chevy Trax is essentially the same vehicle.
Thanks that’s good to know as the Buick dealer that I purchased from has closed and closest one is an hour away.

So, I took the VIN number into a parts store who looked up the parts number and instance success!