2018.5 Regals?

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
In the 2019 pics, the GS has the updated Infotainment screens, but the gauge cluster has the Buick aqua green color again. The steering wheel looks different in these pics...the perforations are large, unless it's just a weird photoshop thing they did.

TomsRegal

Saint Clair Shores, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Whoa, I just bought my GS a month ago and I have the "old" infotainment UI and gauge displays. Has anyone confirmed it's possible to get a software upgrade to get the new displays? They look pretty sharp. The outdated UI would be one of my only complaints about the car, so this would be perfect.

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Whoa, I just bought my GS a month ago and I have the "old" infotainment UI and gauge displays. Has anyone confirmed it's possible to get a software upgrade to get the new displays? They look pretty sharp. The outdated UI would be one of my only complaints about the car, so this would be perfect.
I don't think it's possible to change the cluster (plus the new ones have different colored needles), but the infotainment one seems like it could, unless there was a hardware revision as well.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
The new UI does not apparently have a max A/C function that I've been able to find.
Interesting, the new interface allows you to control recirc where the old interface it wasn't an option, only on the dial itself.
"Max" and "Recirc" are the same thing. It just means the system goes into recirc mode to cool the car off as quickly as possible.

Slightly off-topic, does anyone else find it odd that on the GS there's two gauges for coolant temp? We have the 'hard' gauge on the right and the software gauge on the left of the 8" display. Does anyone know of a way of re-purposing the software gauge to something more useful?

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Slightly off-topic, does anyone else find it odd that on the GS there's two gauges for coolant temp? We have the 'hard' gauge on the right and the software gauge on the left of the 8" display. Does anyone know of a way of re-purposing the software gauge to something more useful?
I found it interesting they did that...

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Okay now that I look closer, I think the software gauge on the left might be for engine oil temp. Funny that the owner's manual doesn't say anything about it.

ksujgg

Overland Park, KS
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
In the 2019 pics, the GS has the updated Infotainment screens, but the gauge cluster has the Buick aqua green color again. The steering wheel looks different in these pics...the perforations are large, unless it's just a weird photoshop thing they did.

My 2019 GS has an option in the menus to toggle between a "Sport " display which looks like your original picture and a "Touring" display that looks like this picture. The perforations in the wheel are much more noticeable in the pic than I think they are IRL.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Yes its oil temperature on the left. I would have preferred oil pressure.

I set mine to the Touring speedometer. No guessing on my exact speed, and the screen area below is much cleaner for other information.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
"Max" and "Recirc" are the same thing. It just means the system goes into recirc mode to cool the car off as quickly as possible.
I'm accustomed to max mode doing more than just recirculate. In addition, it should put fans to 100% and direct to the dash vents. Setting temp to 60 would not hurt, either.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I'm accustomed to max mode doing more than just recirculate. In addition, it should put fans to 100% and direct to the dash vents. Setting temp to 60 would not hurt, either.
Before electronic climate control, the Max button in GM cars really just triggered recirculation, so I think that's why they still use that word for recirc mode. Some things just stick around even if they're not exactly literal anymore, e.g. "rolling down" your windows.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The reason there isn't a default on the Recirculate or Max is because of different working environments, remember it has to work in hot and cold. Of course programmable would be nice but seeing some of the handy work on the Infotainment and dash it's one item to leave well enough alone LOL.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Before electronic climate control, the Max button in GM cars really just triggered recirculation, so I think that's why they still use that word for recirc mode. Some things just stick around even if they're not exactly literal anymore, e.g. "rolling down" your windows.
Yeah, this is a challenge where GM has zero interest in changing their "we've done it this way for forty years and it works" broken way of thinking about many things. I'm surprised they sell as many vehicles as they do with this philosophy.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.