• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2018 Buick Encore front passenger side

Bacon&Snickers

Buick Ownership
Encore
Bought my first Buick and first Encore before Labor Day. I just noticed that there is a screw like thing sticking out under the glove box. Is that normal? Should there be anything covering it? I am still learning new things about this car. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20181005_174826.jpg
    20181005_174826.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 42
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Han

Buick Ownership
2017 Encore Preferred
Bought my first Buick and first Encore before Labor Day. I just noticed that there is a screw like thing sticking out under the glove box. Is that normal? Should there be anything covering it? I am still learning new things about this car. Thanks.
Hi @Bacon&Snickers , I Know its some time since u posted the Q, but just to let u know , I just got an encore recently and have seen few ones in the dealership , all the 3 cars I saw has it like urs and my car has it too... I presume its normal ...

superid

Buick Ownership
2019 BUICK ENCORE Preferred AWD
just got a 2019 encore a month ago and my car has it too. so i thing its normal. ^^

Glen Baker

Las Vegas NV
Buick Ownership
Encore
just got a 2019 encore a month ago and my car has it too. so i thing its normal. ^^
Same here.
I'm look at Lowe's for some soft black plastic screw end caps to push over that screw end.
Take care

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
That stud isn't threaded. It's commonly called a xmas tree stud and the tip isn't sharp. It is used in vehicles for quick assembly and disassembly usually in places not visible while in a sitting position. Similar to this but instead of pushing it through a hole you press the hole in the carpet onto it. They are usually metal in this case.

Screenshot 2020-09-13 19.12.50.png

I do agree with you guys though that it does look unfinished.

Glen Baker

Las Vegas NV
Buick Ownership
Encore
That stud isn't threaded. It's commonly called a xmas tree stud and the tip isn't sharp. It is used in vehicles for quick assembly and disassembly usually in places not visible while in a sitting position. Similar to this but instead of pushing it through a hole you press the hole in the carpet onto it. They are usually metal in this case.

View attachment 25682

I do agree with you guys though that it does look unfinished.
Your picture and the picture above (which looks like the exposed silver screw in my car) don't look anything alike. I don't know how you can't see the screw when you're seated in the passenger seat the picture I took shows it plain as day. Picture was taken from eye level. Just above my foot. 20200914_195031_Film1.jpg 20200914_195031_Film1.jpg
I covered mine with a valve stem 20200914_195132_Film1.jpg cap filled with silicone.
My wife kicks her shoes off when we go anywhere and she scraped her foot on it once.
Sorry

Last edited:

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore