• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2018 Buick Regal brings back a wagon

News Man

Contributing Member
Staff member
Buick Ownership
Buick
Buick is introducing two new models, a sportback and a wagon. This isn't your grandfather's Roadmaster! It is a sporty take on the wagon for people who love the room of a SUV and the functionality of a car.

buick_regal_wagon.jpg

Buick is introducing two all new Regals for 2018. The 2018 Regal TourX is the automaker’s new take on the station wagon. Buick claims that the TourX has the cargo space that many people want, packaged in a sportier Regal.
Buick is downplaying the TourX appearance of a station wagon, instead calling it a crossover. Duncan Aldred, vice president of Buick and GMC, says in a statement, “Regal TourX is a crossover in the truest sense of the word, with the drive dynamics of a car and the versatility of an SUV.”
In its press release, Buick compares the 2018 Regal TourX to potential competitors saying, “It has more overall cargo space than the Volvo V60 Cross Country, the Audi A4 Allroad, BMW 3-series Sport Wagon and the Subaru Outback, with up to 73.5 cubic feet behind the front seats.”

2018 Buick Regal brings back a wagon

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

sittnick

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 1994 Buick Roadmaster. The new Buick looks like it seats 4 to 5. My Roadmaster seats 8. The Regal is a 2.0 litre engine. The Roadmaster is 350ci, and is naturally aspirated. The new one has less horsepower and torque. It gets better gas mileage (29 highway vs. 24 hwy on the Roadmaster), but not as much as you would expect. The new one has more electronic gizmos and screens. New one has bigger wheels, and all wheel drive.

All in all, I think I'll keep my Roadmaster.