• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

2018 Buick Regal maps update

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I ordered the 2020 update in September 2020 for my 2017 GS and mine states 2018Q4. The cover shows 2020. Seems their data source for the maps does not coincide with the actual calendar year purchase. So once again Garmin and others best GM in the area of Navigation maps.

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
Thanks for the feedback, I still have not received a response from HERE sent through the GM Nav website.

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
Still no response, but driving a few days back on a local road where the speed limit was raised from 30 mph to 40, the speed limit sign in the DIC now shows the correct value.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I dont think you are going to get anywhere with your inquiry to HERE. They just appear to be not up-to-date even though you would expect 2020 or at the very least 2019. They might be buying the raw data from a third party and then load it onto the thumb drives. I updated a Ford Mustang at the end of 2020 and had a similar experience where the data was not as current as expected.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Still no response, but driving a few days back on a local road where the speed limit was raised from 30 mph to 40, the speed limit sign in the DIC now shows the correct value.
Do you have to have a GM Navigation system to get the speed limits for each different street and road? And they only get updated when you buy a $99 annual update?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Do you have to have a GM Navigation system to get the speed limits for each different street and road? And they only get updated when you buy a $99 annual update?
The speed limit values are in the GM Navigation database. So to keep current you would have to purchase the update every few years.

BradyB0225

Buick Ownership
1992 Riviera
Are you able to use Apple Car Play or Android Auto? My car has navigation but I haven't used it once due to just being able to plug in my phone and to let my phone do the navigation.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!