• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2018 Cascada Radio died

mlm7771

Tennessee
Buick Ownership
2018 Cascada
I am at my wits end. Purchased a 2018 Cascada (new) for my fiancee' and the radio died, almost 3 months ago. Dealer and Customer Service have told us there are none in inventory and don't know when there will be. This is going into the 3rd month now. So far none of the major repair stations can repair this radio yet. I found (2) low mileage donor cars and was told by dealer that the radio's were VIN# locked and could not be reprogrammed. My fiancee' is battling cancer and I'm trying to prevent any other issues from causing her any stress. She doesn't understand why GM can't resolve this and quite frankly I don't either. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated. My sweetie has driven 17k and now she can't enjoy her pride and joy due to this.
Thanks,
Mike

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
try emailing from the site gmpartsdirect.com to see if they also say it is not available.
I believe the part number is
I tried Crutchfield and there are no aftermarket radios for a Cascada

mlm7771

Tennessee
Buick Ownership
2018 Cascada
Part# is correct. I am way beyond gmpartsdirect and the dealerships. They are supplied through a 3rd party supplier and not only the 84172897 is on backorder but 7 other radios. Been told GM will have to build these radios and then ship to dealers. My Cascada radio was built by Panasonic in CZECH Republic!
She loves her Cascada but from my standpoint, I may have to pursue a buy back or lemon law claim. GM acts like (oh well wish we could help). If GM would release a schematic on the radio M&R Electronics or United Radio could repair it.
Thanks for your help and quick response. It is appreciated!🙏
Mike

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Unfortunately the Cascada was built in Poland so the parts source may be local, the EU. Getting local support is going to be at the level you have already experienced. As far as the program locked to the vehicle I know other people have had their radio reprogramed to their vehicle, maybe try another dealer or see if you can talk to a GM tech that knows about the radio vin programming.

mlm7771

Tennessee
Buick Ownership
2018 Cascada
Thanks for the reply. Two dealers said the same thing. I have been told of a few vehicles that had one time programmable chips tied to vin#. If this is true GM just made it tough. I understand for theft purposes but if both vin#’s, can be supplied as in a donor car. GM should allow it. I’ve contacted GM tech support hoping an engineer could help the dealership. I would purchase a used radio just to make a lady happy to drive her Cascada again! I’ve covered every base I know of, just wish GM or Opel would assist. Sorry for such a long post.
Thanks 🙏
Mike

billm1146

Buick Ownership
Cascada, Lucerne
Thanks for the reply. Two dealers said the same thing. I have been told of a few vehicles that had one time programmable chips tied to vin#. If this is true GM just made it tough. I understand for theft purposes but if both vin#’s, can be supplied as in a donor car. GM should allow it. I’ve contacted GM tech support hoping an engineer could help the dealership. I would purchase a used radio just to make a lady happy to drive her Cascada again! I’ve covered every base I know of, just wish GM or Opel would assist. Sorry for such a long post.
Thanks 🙏
Mike

So sorry for this trouble. Buick and GM have done a terrible job of support on the Cascada and this anti-theft feature is silly. Who steals a factory radio, anyway?

Why not just have the radio pulled and replaced with an aftermarket unit? Perhaps our friends at GM would toss a little cash your way to offset the cost since your car should still be under warranty.

billm1146

Buick Ownership
Cascada, Lucerne
No aftermarket radios? Wow. Okay, forget my advice.

mlm7771

Tennessee
Buick Ownership
2018 Cascada
So sorry for this trouble. Buick and GM have done a terrible job of support on the Cascada and this anti-theft feature is silly. Who steals a factory radio, anyway?

Why not just have the radio pulled and replaced with an aftermarket unit? Perhaps our friends at GM would toss a little cash your way to offset the cost since your car should still be under warranty.
They finally got a new one and installed today. I hope it last. She loves her Cascada. Been waiting almost 5 months. Totally unbelievable. Too much out sourcing, it’s beginning to show at the dealerships. Thanks for your reply.🙏

Turbo Buick Badge