• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

2018 Defroster Runs Constantly

nashman50

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred I
Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble with my 2018 Sportback. Even with the heat set only on floor, the defroster runs constantly. If I turn off the floor setting, it only blows out of the defroster, but not the other way around. Is this a setting for the humidity sensor? I wouldn't think it would be that as it has been dry here lately.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
I think these cars always blow a small amount of air from the defroster vents (at least when set to floor mode.) My 2019 TourX has a similar behavior to what you are describing. I noticed it sounds like the defroster is on but it's blowing out the floor vents.

nashman50

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred I
It seems to blow the same amount of air from the defroster if the button is pushed or not. It is still within the warranty period so I scheduled an appointment to have it diagnosed.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!