2018 encore boost gauge oil temp/pressure

Duhafnusa4

Buick Ownership
Encore
Hey all!

Just got my 2018 encore and love it! Can't wait to hop it up a bit.

Just letting you know I had my car at the dealer and when I got it back my gauge cluster display had a ton more options! Including lap timer, boost pressure, oil temp and pressure etc.... Once I turned the car off and on again it was gone :( I have pictures too

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not owning one, but related to other Buick info center, it may reset to a default display which is why it gone on next start. There may be a way to program it but that would be in the owners manual. Best guess.

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
what do you mean by the DIC? Sorry I am not used to buick/gm specific acronyms :p
The digital screen between the gauges. The arrows on the steering wheel you can get into the options of the driver's information center, and there you can check what you want displayed.
Just play around with it and you'll find it.

Buick Ownership
Encore
The digital screen between the gauges. The arrows on the steering wheel you can get into the options of the driver's information center, and there you can check what you want displayed.
Just play around with it and you'll find it.
I think you missunderstand me. The menu was completely different. It had everything from every model gm makes (hybrid data, ev range, etc..) but the ones I care about are boost/oil pressure/lap times/0-60 timer.

Seeing as how that information was displayed was not standard, I wanted to know how to get it back.

thanks

Illinois
Buick Ownership
What can be seen in a OBD scanner and what may be available in the DIC disply are two completely different items. If the DIC can display it as a option in the control button it will give a choice of on or off, I over simplified this as each option will be different. Just as my OBD reader shows boost it doesn't mean it's readable, the reason is I have a NA 3.8L LOL. So maybe revivew the manual and read how to run the DIC, if you can set up a default or if it's going to be a item that will need to turn on every time, this stuff changes between models and years so yours may have options others don't. As a last option check with the dealer, the reason I say this is that the vehicle could have been in a temporary test mode and when it was cycled on off it reset.

The reason for most automotive displays do go back to a default is the majority of the owners will hit the wrong button and not have a clue how to get back out of it, these are the same people who want to know where the "any key" is located on the keyboard, yes this is technical reason LMAO.

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
It may very well be a hidden menu that was enabled by the technician that worked on it. You might try and get hold of a service manual and see how it's done, but you most likely need a high end (READ: Expensive) scan tool to enable those options.

Buick Ownership
Encore
It may very well be a hidden menu that was enabled by the technician that worked on it. You might try and get hold of a service manual and see how it's done, but you most likely need a high end (READ: Expensive) scan tool to enable those options.
I wonder at the possibility of trifecta or another tuner having the ability. I would gladly pay a fee to have these features activated.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Probably not as this would be a item that a Tech 2 reprogramming may be necessary. Just as any item that's integrated in the car's computer, on / off functions may have only one access to be able to make those changes and at least as far as I know it's the Tech 2, I guess it's probably better as bricking it wouldn't be any fun. Maybe someone knows differently.

Buick Ownership
Encore
Probably not as this would be a item that a Tech 2 reprogramming may be necessary. Just as any item that's integrated in the car's computer, on / off functions may have only one access to be able to make those changes and at least as far as I know it's the Tech 2, I guess it's probably better as bricking it wouldn't be any fun. Maybe someone knows differently.
Are you saying that a company like trifecta who adjusts fuel and timing maps and transmission control don't have that ability from actual evidence or are you guessing?

Let's let the pros respond ✌🏻

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Um, I'm not guessing as it not like jailbreaking a cell phone. It's a proprietary system that has access only to functional control through a Tech 2 type of device. All the wishful thinking will not change this and understanding that it is not like any other OS out there will ease the pain of trying to get a option through another source that isn't available. Sorry but it is what it is, if a option is or was available it will need a Tech 2 to access it, tuning is a completely different function.

Buick Ownership
Encore
Um, I'm not guessing as it not like jailbreaking a cell phone. It's a proprietary system that has access only to functional control through a Tech 2 type of device. All the wishful thinking will not change this and understanding that it is not like any other OS out there will ease the pain of trying to get a option through another source that isn't available. Sorry but it is what it is, if a option is or was available it will need a Tech 2 to access it, tuning is a completely different function.
Like i said theres no point in debating as I nor you know. I would like trifecta or another reputable tuner to respond here with some conclusive information

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
You may need to contact them directly to get an answer. However tuners don't generally touch dash displays even if they have access to them. I agree with Lucerne in that you are probably going to need a Tech 2 to make this happen.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.