2018 LaCrosse Wheels

Kwmesser22

Buick Ownership
2018 LaCrosse Premium with 4 cylinder and e-assist
I have a 2018 LaCrosse with the 4 cylinder engine and e-assist and would like to change the wheels from the factory original to the “upgrade” wheels that are machined aluminum with black accents but need to know if the hybrid energy regeneration from the brakes restrict changing them. I can buy 18” wheels like this or possibly 20” wheels. Anyone have any experience with this?

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Only thing I would think of is clearance of the disc brake calipers; but if the same size wheels. So you'd have TPMS, ABS sensors and I take it engine braking with new e-assist (will look up).

Either set of wheels looks pretty good, like both. Mine, if I ever changed anything think it'd be the false exhaust. Either pipe goes into one and back to dual mufflers. Looks good, sounds good, meaning quiet as it's a 6 cylinder but not real duals.

How Regenerative Braking Works Makes me think of Jake Brakes, engine decompression used for air brakes on tractor/trailers. Compression release engine brake - Wikipedia

Forgot too, larger wheels will completely throw off odometer, speedometer and other calculations of instrument cluster.

Last edited:

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
If you spec out a new eassist model on Buick.com, do they give you the option for upgraded tires? If yes, then you can swap to whatever buick.com is offering.

Fwiw, I have a grey LaCrosse and the 18" wheel design looks good with it (the 18" rims are brushed metal), but I think the white looks better with the 20" rims because of the 20's more elegant appearance.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Forgot too, larger wheels will completely throw off odometer, speedometer and other calculations of instrument cluster.
As long as the wheel diameter is the same (it should be for any tire put on a LaCrosse in order to fit in the wheel well), the rim size doesn't matter.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Roger that on smaller tire and larger rim or vice-versa. Have done that myself years ago. So what I'm thinking is the larger Buick rims are equipped with lower profile tires. Don't know myself but was thinking speedo would need reflashing? Am sure your right Stoo. This may be handy if not the case and entire wheel is larger, Speedometer Calibration

Topic came up over on Boss Forum several years back. Car came with different sizes front and rear tires. Back must be foot wides; many wanted to go same tires all 4 wheels, not as wide.

Accident underlining, not on purpose.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.