• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2018 Regal GS brembo brakes?

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
Does anyone know if there is a brembo kit for the rear? I know it is not NECESSARY. It just would be more aesthetically pleasing. Dealerships don't have anything. the brembo website wasn't much help either. Anyone have any useful information on this?

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
There are no factory Brembo parts for the rear in the US.

Brembo does sell aftermarket calipers... you could fab up carriers and adapt some if you wanted that asthetic.

Alternatively, paint the calipers red to match the front. If you have good penmanship, you could paint ‘BREMBO’ on there as well. 😉

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
This is something that genuinely irritates me as well. I fully recognize the GS doesn't need rear Brembo brakes but aesthetically, the calipers should be red if nothing else. It's just an eyesore without the symmetry. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck searching for compatible Brembos either.

When the Opel Insignia GSi was debuted in 2017, it was shown with red painted rear calipers. Looks great in my opinion. Given the price of Brembo caliper kits, I'll probably just get mine painted or powder coated.

14303 14304

The link to the video review:
Autogefuhl - Opel Insignia GSi

Last edited:

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
This is something that genuinely irritates me as well. I fully recognize the GS doesn't need rear Brembo brakes but aesthetically, the calipers should be red if nothing else. It's just an eyesore without the symmetry.

When the Opel Insignia GSi was debuted in 2017, it was shown with red painted rear calipers. Looks great in my opinion. Given the price of Brembo caliper kits, I'll probably just get mine painted or powder coated.

View attachment 14303 View attachment 14304

Yea, i saw the same thing. price really isnt an issue. the calipers wont match if i just paint them. so im gonna try holding out until brembo makes a kit. you can buy front and rear brembo calipers and rotor kits for gmc yukons at GM parts departments. i was hoping something similar for the GS. i work at a buick/gmc service department. but our parts department is a joke, so i couldn't take their word for it.

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
There was a guy somewhere on here who purchased a set of rear brembo calipers from a Chevy SS and was going to see if they would fit. I am guessing he just never got back to posting the results.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
This is something that genuinely irritates me as well. I fully recognize the GS doesn't need rear Brembo brakes but aesthetically, the calipers should be red if nothing else. It's just an eyesore without the symmetry. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck searching for compatible Brembos either.

What bothers me the most is that the Genesis G70 3.3T and the KIA Stinger GT both have 2-piston Brembo rears as standard. They are within the same price bracket but with more performance. I'm not comparing the models but it just gets me thinking if GM really cares about details like this.

GM went through all the trouble of getting the Brembos on the front but basically cheaped out all together at the rear.

Last edited:

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
What bothers me the most is that the Genesis G70 3.3T and the KIA Stinger GT both have 2-piston Brembo rears as standard. They are within the same price bracket but with more performance. I'm not comparing the models but it just gets me thinking if GM really cares about details like this.
I think GM vehicles look the best they ever have and it seems like they have something for everyone. That being said, I do think they miss the mark on some of the details that would really make the GS, among other vehicles in the line-up, stand out.

In North America, car sales are plummeting while crossover sales continue to grow. It probably did not make much sense to include this extra cost. Just my guess.

#IWorkForGM

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I think GM vehicles look the best they ever have and it seems like they have something for everyone. That being said, I do think they miss the mark on some of the details that would really make the GS, among other vehicles in the line-up, stand out.

In North America, car sales are plummeting while crossover sales continue to grow. It probably did not make much sense to include this extra cost. Just my guess.

#IWorkForGM
You have a fair point and imo the new Regal is one of the prettiest cars I've seen around, it's just sadly people who don't care about cars will just buy whatever others buy, hence, crossovers.

For a car as special as the GS, GM really didn't make anything feel truly special. From the all-black interior to the lack of paddle shifters (I mean, c'mon GM, even LaCrosse has paddle shifters. I can do without them, but I struggle to accept the fact a LaCrosse has them but a Regal GS doesn't) to the lack of rear-seat heating (which is in the Opel models), etc etc. You'd think it's funny when you see the Opel shark in a Buick as some sort of an Easter Egg, meanwhile we are missing so many things elsewhere.

Even details like a GS mark on the floormat is missing, despite being shown in the official pictures.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Or the ability to turn off auto stop/start, automatic parking, 360° surround vision, and automatic high beams. Again, all of which are available over the pond.

Rants aside, hopefully a rear Brembo kit becomes available for these beauties.

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
For a car as special as the GS, GM really didn't make anything feel truly special. From the all-black interior to the lack of paddle shifters (I mean, c'mon GM, even LaCrosse has paddle shifters. I can do without them, but I struggle to accept the fact a LaCrosse has them but a Regal GS doesn't) to the lack of rear-seat heating (which is in the Opel models), etc etc.
Speaking of LaCrosse, it's getting an update (in China, at least) which makes it look a whole lot better; less chunky and bulbous. Although I don't mind that it gets some goodies that Regal doesn't, since it is supposed to be the top of the Buick range.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Or the ability to turn off auto stop/start, automatic parking, 360° surround vision, and automatic high beams. Again, all of which are available over the pond.

automatic high beams.

My Wife's Sienna LE Minivan has automatic high beams. I wonder what the reason GM did not include that feature. I probably cost them money to delete it.

Gotboost6

Buick Ownership
87 Grand National, 2018 Regal GS
Was at the dealer last week for the first service on my 18 GS and I figured I would stop into the parts department to inquire if they had access to any of the Opel parts or part numbers. Parts manager said everything is through our VIN of course and they had no access to any Opel part numbers either. I don't understand why GM didn't put the Brembo's on the rear either when the Opel gets them. Really want the rear spoiler from the Opel as it makes the rear of the car look more complete instead of the cheesy little spoiler we get. Mirror covers from the Opel look pretty cool too. Back to the rear Brembo's, I was going to purchase another set of factory rear calipers and get them powder coated to match the fronts.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I do not think you can just put on a set of Brembo's, even if they were available, due to the computerization of the braking system within the ABS and Stabilitrak systems. I would think changing the braking characteristics of the rear would cause unpredictable actions from those two systems. You would have to look into whether the Opel gets different modules/programming in addition to just the calipers.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I do not think you can just put on a set of Brembo's, even if they were available, due to the computerization of the braking system within the ABS and Stabilitrak systems. I would think changing the braking characteristics of the rear would cause unpredictable actions from those two systems. You would have to look into whether the Opel gets different modules/programming in addition to just the calipers.
This.

Modern cars are so complicated to a point that any change done to introduce improvements is probably going to mess more things up. With care, things can work but the real question is going to be how much work is needed in addition.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Was at the dealer last week for the first service on my 18 GS and I figured I would stop into the parts department to inquire if they had access to any of the Opel parts or part numbers. Parts manager said everything is through our VIN of course and they had no access to any Opel part numbers either. I don't understand why GM didn't put the Brembo's on the rear either when the Opel gets them. Really want the rear spoiler from the Opel as it makes the rear of the car look more complete instead of the cheesy little spoiler we get. Mirror covers from the Opel look pretty cool too. Back to the rear Brembo's, I was going to purchase another set of factory rear calipers and get them powder coated to match the fronts.
GM did not put Brembos on it because Chevy runs GM.
They just put Brembos on front of my G8 GXP not rear.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
I work in a Buick/GMC service department. When my Yukon customers purchased the brembo kits (calipers, rotors, pads. all available through our parts department), there was no re calibration my techs did. My techs are telling me there SHOULDN'T be any calibrations. At the same time, this IS a new product, and by the power of GM, anything IS possible. However, according to my tech, all we SHOULD need is the pad, rotor, caliper kit

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
This.

Modern cars are so complicated to a point that any change done to introduce improvements is probably going to mess more things up. With care, things can work but the real question is going to be how much work is needed in addition.
I work in a Buick/GMC service department. When my Yukon customers purchased the brembo kits (calipers, rotors, pads. all available through our parts department), there was no re calibration my techs did. My techs are telling me there SHOULDN'T be any calibrations. At the same time, this IS a new product, and by the power of GM, anything IS possible. However, according to my tech, all we SHOULD need is the pad, rotor, caliper kit

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
What about the Chevy SS they got rear Brembo calipers at least on the top range..
What part of Chevy runs GM so Chevy gets whatever they want,
don't you understand?
If Chevy did not get everything they wanted, Pontiac and Olds would still be making GM great. They even forced all other divisions to use inferior Chevy engines.

Turbo Buick Badge