• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2018 Regal GS brembo brakes?

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
What part of Chevy runs GM so Chevy gets whatever they want,
don't you understand?
If Chevy did not get everything they wanted, Pontiac and Olds would still be making GM great. They even forced all other divisions to use inferior Chevy engines.
I was talking about using their (Chev SS) calipers on our vehicles.....

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I’ve said it before, but this car already stops really well based on the numbers I’ve seen.

If anyone does a brake upgrade I’d like to see how much better it stops vs. the investment it takes with $$$ and time.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I’ve said it before, but this car already stops really well based on the numbers I’ve seen.

If anyone does a brake upgrade I’d like to see how much better it stops vs. the investment it takes with $$$ and time.
If I ever go that route, it'll be more or less for aesthetics than performance. Any additional performance is just a bonus. It doesn't have to make sense if it's cool haha.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
To each their own! Aesthetically it bugs me they’d not even just paint the rears red to try and match...

I’d rather add the full LED tails and enable rear fog to further Euro spec this “Buick”.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Would anyone spring for the gray front Brembos like what's on the Commodore VXR? It's a more subdued look and wouldn't draw your eye to the already gray standard calipers in the rear. Then again, what's the point of having Brembos if they aren't bright red...

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I really don't care, if they are GM or Brembos. As long as they work well and don't fade easily. My TA brakes are fine. 14353

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
But then if they come from factory red..
I won't paint them grey. 14354

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Brembos are more of a marketing thing.
Solstice stops well with GM brakes, but then it is pretty light. 14355

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
GM upgraded size of rear brakes and put Dana 60 rearend on Quadrasteer trucks.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Mr R your right about vehicle, but was actually looking for the fact they put drums on back.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
My original post stated its for aesthetic purposes only. The GS is a great driving car. It does GREAT with heavy breaking into turns and hard accelerations out of turns. THAT is where the GS gets REAL fun. Find a nice twisty back road and go nuts. So as far as the "performance" debate, there is none. The vehicle performs great with Brembo in the front, and GM composite in the rear. But when folks stop me and ask about the car (it happens all the time) , it ALWAYS comes up. "why Brembo on just the front? it would look better with them in front and rear". And THAT is why I want a Brembo kit for the rear. Pure aesthetics. Price of the kit would mean nothing, its how I want it to look.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Do not think I will be road racing the TourX much, although the 255 ultra high performance A.S. GMax tires make it stick well.
Did notice rear discs are not vented, so would fade quicker then vented discs. Brembo upgrade would be good if included vented discs. I assume the GS has same rear brakes as TourX?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
GM upgraded size of rear brakes and put Dana 60 rearend on Quadrasteer trucks.
View attachment 14356
I'd be all in if a manufacturer brought back a small V8/Hybrid,+400 HP, Dana 60 rearend on Quadrasteer, HD 1/2 ton PU with a Ram quality interior & Aluminum Body. I'd rather have those features vs a upscale interior, & electronics for my $50K

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
Do not think I will be road racing the TourX much, although the 255 ultra high performance A.S. GMax tires make it stick well.
Did notice rear discs are not vented, so would fade quicker then vented discs. Brembo upgrade would be good if included vented discs. I assume the GS has same rear brakes as TourX?
Correct. the TourX has the same GM composite set up in the rear. and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them...….unless you have Brembo in the front, then it looks weird. lol

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
I'd be all in if a manufacturer brought back a small V8/Hybrid,+400 HP, Dana 60 rearend on Quadrasteer, HD 1/2 ton PU with a Ram quality interior & Aluminum Body. I'd rather have those features vs a upscale interior, & electronics for my $50K
I like how RAM was used to reference quality standards. lol.

Turbo Buick Badge