• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

2018 Regal Sportback K&N intake installed

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
There are threads talking about tuning here but they don't explain how to actually tune your car. If you buy the Trifecta tune you can download it to a laptop and apply to your car. If you buy the Bad News Racing (BNR) tune they offer a hand held tuner to apply the tune to your car.

With both of them you can also tune the transmission to shift better. You will have to run premium fuel with both tunes since the turbo produces more boost to give your car more power. Both tunes also give you the ability to change the tune back to the factory tune if you are taking your car to the dealer for warranty work.

BNR tune Aisin transmission?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
My bad BNR doesn't have a tune for the TourX. Trifecta is the only company that offers one currently.

JeffAH

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Hey all, after searching the forum and comparing motors and fitment between the 2018+ Regal 2.0T and the 16-18 Chevy Malibu 2.0T I couldn’t see any reason why the K&N intake for the Malibu would not partner up with the Regal 2.0. I decided to give it a go and purchased the intake. Very simple install, about 20 minutes, start to finish. Fitment was exact and it clears the hood. I already have the basic Trifecta tune and spoke with Michael to ensure the intake would pair without having to upgrade to the advanced tune. With all that being said I am extremely pleased with the results. The sound is amazing and sounds like an aftermarket BOV was put on. I have a couple videos of the sound from inside the car but it will only let me post pictures. I am going to have a shop build me a catless downpipe and full exhaust which will require the advanced tune but that will have to wait until after Christmas. The K&N part I ordered was 63-3097 in case anyone is interested.
Sir,

THANK YOU for this info! Been looking FOREVER for a compatible intake for my 2018 TourX. Already have the unit on order!

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JeffAH

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Hey all, after searching the forum and comparing motors and fitment between the 2018+ Regal 2.0T and the 16-18 Chevy Malibu 2.0T I couldn’t see any reason why the K&N intake for the Malibu would not partner up with the Regal 2.0. I decided to give it a go and purchased the intake. Very simple install, about 20 minutes, start to finish. Fitment was exact and it clears the hood. I already have the basic Trifecta tune and spoke with Michael to ensure the intake would pair without having to upgrade to the advanced tune. With all that being said I am extremely pleased with the results. The sound is amazing and sounds like an aftermarket BOV was put on. I have a couple videos of the sound from inside the car but it will only let me post pictures. I am going to have a shop build me a catless downpipe and full exhaust which will require the advanced tune but that will have to wait until after Christmas. The K&N part I ordered was 63-3097 in case anyone is interested.
Installed this intake on my 2018 Tourx last Friday. PERFECT fit. Did NOT trigger any codes and the sound was GREAT! Would post some pics but they look just like yours. Thank You Sir! This truly was a DROP-IN fit!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners