• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2018 Service Manual

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
I just checked helminc.com and found that the service manual for the 2018 Regal will finally be released on 12/15/2019. No more GM cars for me, ever again: the CD costs $300!!!

$100 (on sale from $160) map updates, $300 service manuals, and whatever OnStar costs, buying a GM car is apparently the "gift that keeps on gouging."

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Sustaining Member
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I just checked helminc.com and found that the service manual for the 2018 Regal will finally be released on 12/15/2019.
We hope.

It was supposed to be released November 2018, then the release was bumped to March 2019, then Nov. 2019, then Dec. 2019.

The most disliked word I keep hearing from GM is 'Monetize'. I actually take some pleasure in the fact that my car is 'off-grid' (sorry OnStar/SiriusXM, no money for you) and as such I will miss out (also mildly pleasing) on Alexa (and Amazon) becoming a passenger.

Your car is what you make of it and I am enjoying mine.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I actually take some pleasure in the fact that my car is 'off-grid' (sorry OnStar/SiriusXM, no money for you) and as such I will miss out (also mildly pleasing) on Alexa (and Amazon) becoming a passenger.
You may not be as 'off grid' as you think. Even if you don't pay for OnStar, it's still communicating with the mother ship. (And maybe that's okay depending on if your motivations are privacy or saving money)

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Sustaining Member
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
1) Fuse pulled (when engine running)--no power from car/back-up battery drained.
2) Coaxial cables (GPS & cellular) cut at the respective connectors--connectors re-wired to connect centre conductor to shield (dead short to ground) and re-attached to module. Remaining cable stubs trimmed flush with harness (no loose ends).

Forgot to mention that the dealer (at my request) didn't activate the OnStar system so when I picked-up my car, there wasn't any OnStar status light (red or green) illuminated on the overhead console or 'this car is equiped with OnStar' message.

My car(s) have always been a form of sanctuary--an extension of my home--and as such I don't expect to be bothered by technology that someone else (mistakenly) thinks I need.

Sorry if this comes across as a rant.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
1) Fuse pulled (when engine running)--no power from car/back-up battery drained.
2) Coaxial cables (GPS & cellular) cut at the respective connectors--connectors re-wired to connect centre conductor to shield (dead short to ground) and re-attached to module. Remaining cable stubs trimmed flush with harness (no loose ends).

Forgot to mention that the dealer (at my request) didn't activate the OnStar system so when I picked-up my car, there wasn't any OnStar status light (red or green) illuminated on the overhead console or 'this car is equiped with OnStar' message.

My car(s) have always been a form of sanctuary--an extension of my home--and as such I don't expect to be bothered by technology that someone else (mistakenly) thinks I need.

Sorry if this comes across as a rant.
Everything should be fine just so long as you don't start talking about Social Media Scoring Systems that are being rolled out aroun.......Oops, Sorry.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Sustaining Member
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
😁

I think I've been on a list since 12th grade when some test result put me in the 18%ile 'conformity' and 99%ile 'independence'.

But yes, the trend does seem to be not 'what can you do & how well do you do it' but 'who do you know & how much are you liked' (and how long can we make you wait for the service manual).

Pedal Commander