2018 UI system Update/SIM Card?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Hi.
Being a newbie, how does one determine if a TourX has the 2018 update of the User Infotainment system and if not what, is entailed to update it?

The Essene Trim I purchased out of state is still awaiting transport from the dealer.

I sent an email to the salesperson, but what to know what the experts here have to say.

Thanks.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Unfortunately no matter what someone says here there's no way to know about what you will have there. It's best to get it confirmed upon arrival that any and all updates have been done before taking delivery. Most salespeople have no clue on how to operate most of the car's equipment much less if it's current LOL, the dealer service manager may be the best route to get in touch with and have them check and confirm.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Hi.
Being a newbie, how does one determine if a TourX has the 2018 update of the User Infotainment system and if not what, is entailed to update it?

The Essene Trim I purchased out of state is still awaiting transport from the dealer.

I sent an email to the salesperson, but what to know what the experts here have to say.

Thanks.
Do you have a picture of the instrument cluster? That’s a pretty definitive way to know if you have V1 or V2.

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Keep in mind that the updates for your car won't change the version, appearance and functions... you'll still have the same UI.
I know there is one screw-up in the UI that is getting some attention, and that is the speed limit sign on the driver information screen needing to be reset every key cycle... it defaults to off and can't be saved. The more people who complain about it, the faster they'll fix it- but the manager of Buick's Technical Assistance Center (who the techs call for help) is driving a TourX and is well aware of the problem.

loreng

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I know there is one screw-up in the UI that is getting some attention, and that is the speed limit sign on the driver information screen needing to be reset every key cycle... it defaults to off and can't be saved. The more people who complain about it, the faster they'll fix it- but the manager of Buick's Technical Assistance Center (who the techs call for help) is driving a TourX and is well aware of the problem.
I'll be interested to know if they come up with a fix for that. Minor annoyance at worst, but I do wish it would keep the setting.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

Attachments

Last edited:

FavaBean

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Rhetoric is correct.

Dashboard with red gauge needles and screen with temperature in upper left is old UI.

Dashboard with white needles and temperature in lower right corner of screen is new UI.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Rhetoric is correct.

Dashboard with red gauge needles and screen with temperature in upper left is old UI.

Dashboard with white needles and temperature in lower right corner of screen is new UI.
You guys are sharp.
Yeah, Mine has white needles. The Red Needles was from pictures I cribbed from the Car &and Driver test. I edited the post to show all the dealer shots & delete the pics from C & D. C& D shows odometer at 1189 miles, Paperwork for mine said 16 mikes. Invoice date was 8/13/19.

Attachments

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Interesting RPO code R6J Customer Dialog Network @ $20.00, one of those items that only GM can explain LOL.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Here is a Photo of the phone charger USB's and SIM Card that the salesman took for me. My car is still sitting in Alabama awaiting transport to NH.
I just heard it is going on a truck Jan. 24th. I'll post pictures once it arrives.
I'm going to call On-Star to see if they will wait until April as I will not be driving the car this winter.

Attachments

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Interesting! That's the only combination of old gauge cluster and new infotainment UI that I've seen - I didn't know that existed. What's the build date of your car?
The gauges themselves look like the V2 version, but with the deep surrounds of V1. The V1 gauges don’t show MPH and KPH at the same time unless you have a base trim model.

motoring

Buick Ownership
none yet
read on the site the newer V2 UI, if that is what you call it, works with android. so V1 then did not? any upside to v1 UI?

I realize V2 looks nicer and the speedo cluster without the white outter color seems prettier. Slim pickings for 2018 left over models with V2 UI now days, more with v1 UI.

Plus it seems you lose so much feature wise without package 2 which you only get on Essence trim.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
read on the site the newer V2 UI, if that is what you call it, works with android. so V1 then did not? any upside to v1 UI?
V2 UI is based on Android. Both UIs work with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I believe the only upside to the V1 UI would be that it’s less buggy at the moment. Otherwise it’s just personal preference as to which one you like the look of more.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
I've got the red gauge needles but temp is in lower right of info screen.
Interesting! That's the only combination of old gauge cluster and new infotainment UI that I've seen - I didn't know that existed. What's the build date of your car?
They probably just switched over when they used up all the remaining parts. So that would happen at different times depending on the cluster design.

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Doing some looking around, yes the new UI is Android based (with Developer Mode for those who like to tinker) where as the previous ones look to be Windows Based. There are videos from a few years ago of Vauxhall owners changing backgrounds and other Development type of stuff.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.