• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 BUICK REGAL TOURX Preferred AWD

pschall

Anyone know what a good price on this would be? I have a dealer offering it to me $26,817. Is this good enough or can I do better?

mapman85

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
If you really want it, go for it. Depending on options, the 2018 Preferred lowball offers were running $24-27k in August when I bought mine. Given the limited inventory, I wouldn't assume you could do much better than that at this juncture and easily find what you want.

pschall

If you really want it, go for it. Depending on options, the 2018 Preferred lowball offers were running $24-27k in August when I bought mine. Given the limited inventory, I wouldn't assume you could do much better than that at this juncture and easily find what you want.
This is 2019. Nevertheless, I tend to agree with you. They are telling me the lowest they can go is $26,500. Alternatively, I found a 2018 Essence, but those folks want like $30k. Overall, I'm considering trading from a 2018 A6.

RTPH

This is 2019. Nevertheless, I tend to agree with you. They are telling me the lowest they can go is $26,500. Alternatively, I found a 2018 Essence, but those folks want like $30k. Overall, I'm considering trading from a 2018 A6.
The hit you are taking by trading in a 2018 A6 dwarfs the thousand or two you are fretting over on the Buick. Do the deal if you like the car.

pschall

The hit you are taking by trading in a 2018 A6 dwarfs the thousand or two you are fretting over on the Buick. Do the deal if you like the car.
Fair and accurate. I like the car, but this is likely a highly illogical decision. The dealer has 10 year 120k warranty on the Buick.

pschall

I got them down to 25k on this. I really like the car. Any major reliability issues? I think the motor is based on the SAAB 2.0 and the Aisin transmission from the SAAB's as well.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I'm biased, but I say go for it. The TourX is a sweet car. Reliability wise its average or better...you can scan this message board for any common issues, but those up to now have been minor. There's a suspension noise issue, infotainment issue, etc. I'm thinking its gonna be a heck of lot more reliable than an Audi in long term--just have to come to grips with depreciation hit on your Audi.

Most think the TourX is a good deal. I think the SAAB motor is a plus..car feels European to me. I have nothing but good things to say in the first 1200mi of ownership.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I got them down to 25k on this. I really like the car. Any major reliability issues? I think the motor is based on the SAAB 2.0 and the Aisin transmission from the SAAB's as well.
Better grab it while you can.

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X

If it has the DC1 and S&S packages, I would pull the trigger.

kqian111

Hah I was this close to pulling the trigger on a new '18 A6 when they were clearing them out back in April but couldn't swallow the expense and the expected deprecation. Fast forward 6 months and I'm now driving a TourX and very happy with it! If you're coming from A6, you should at least get the Essence with DC1 and DC2 to get comparable level of tech and convenience features.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Driver Confidence package is NICE. I wish I could have gotten the DC2 on a Preferred to go with the DC1.

But then with my back more lumbar adjustment options is mo better.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I'm not as familiar with the Preferred trim, but make sure it has LED lights - they are a mandatory feature in my book. Nighttime vision is amazing.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I'm not as familiar with the Preferred trim, but make sure it has LED lights - they are a mandatory feature in my book. Nighttime vision is amazing.
Yes I was trying to remember if it was "sights and sounds" or "driver confidence" that included the adaptive headlights. The adaptive headlights are well worth the expense. Best headlights I've ever experienced.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
These cars are priced very competitively after discounts. If you can find one I think getting it loaded is the way to go especially if you are used to having highly optioned cars. Even with everything I wouldn't call the car fully loaded, it's missing some options that Buick just didn't wish to offer here, unfortunately. Pano roof might be the only thing I got that I could live with or live without.

pschall

Here are my current options with pricing.

Preferred$25,610S&S
Preferred$27,100DC1 (LED) & S&S
Essence$27,865S&S

Last edited:
Pedal Commander