• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 BUICK REGAL TOURX Preferred AWD

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
My Opinion..out of these 3 I would take the preferred with S&S, DC1.

The DC1 has the LED headlights and the side blind spot monitoring. I consider those must haves and well worth the cost.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Here are my current options with pricing.

Preferred$25,610S&S
Preferred$27,100DC1 (LED) & S&S
Essence$27,865S&S
So, $765 to add Leather appointed seats, three way split rear seat with actual built in cup holders, cargo rails in back, and (power tail gate ?). I'd still go for the DC1, S&S preferred but that's because my wife doesn't like leather interiors on cars.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
My Opinion..out of these 3 I would take the preferred with S&S, DC1.

The DC1 has the LED headlights and the side blind spot monitoring. I consider those must haves and well worth the cost.
Doesn't the 2019 Essense trim include the DC1 package ?

landsharkmz3

2019 Essence includes DC1 by default. If you are getttnig a new 2019 Essence DC1 and S&S for under $28k, that is pretty great. The main thing you would be leaving off is the roof and the ACC w/ Lane Keep.

pschall

2019 Essence includes DC1 by default. If you are getttnig a new 2019 Essence DC1 and S&S for under $28k, that is pretty great. The main thing you would be leaving off is the roof and the ACC w/ Lane Keep.
Good to know. Sounds like the Essence is the best deal here.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
So back to the question-- if the choice is Preffered(lower trim) with DC1 vs. Essence(upper trim) without DC...I vote very strongly for the Preffered+DC1

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
It's not my money but if it were I'd keep looking. For my wants there are too many things on the Essence I like that you can't get on the Preferred.

pschall

It's not my money but if it were I'd keep looking. For my wants there are too many things on the Essence I like that you can't get on the Preferred.
I wonder if I can retrofit the LED package and just buy this Essence. Seems like that's the delta.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I wonder if I can retrofit the LED package and just buy this Essence. Seems like that's the delta.
There have been a few people who looked into that and IIRC the price to do it is prohibitive just for the lights, and it didn't sound like a plug and play operation. Some other on the FB group have changed bulbs to LED with varying degrees of success. But I would second the others' opinions on the LED lights, they are pretty good. I wish they articulated and auto-dimmed but that's not an option at any price for this car.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Out of the 3 you presented...I still stand with the preferred w/DC1 .

However, methinks you can still get a fully loaded(DC1, DC2 pano-moonroof) Essence for around $30-31k if you're willing to look nationwide and haggle. I bought a 2019 Essence for $30,200+TTL (MSRP $41600) just last month. Dealers gotta be even more desperate now given the colder weather and 2020s arriving any day now.

pschall

I have a line on a 2018 with DC1 and S&S brand new. What's a fair offer on this? MSRP is $39k. I am thinking 27k. Too generous?

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I have a line on a 2018 with DC1 and S&S brand new. What's a fair offer on this? MSRP is $39k. I am thinking 27k. Too generous?
If it was a 2019...I'd say MSRP-$12k is a good price. I don't know about a 2018 at this stage of the game. At this pt a 2018 is going on 2yrs "old".

pschall

If it was a 2019...I'd say MSRP-$12k is a good price. I don't know about a 2018 at this stage of the game. At this pt a 2018 is going on 2yrs "old".
Ya'll don't joke around. I mean at what point will dealers just say no that's impossible. I have a feeling they will tell me to pound sand if I want -14k. I like it though :).

landsharkmz3

You need to check which vintage of 2018 it is (ask red neeldes or white on the instrument cluster). There was a significant change 2018.5. i have no desire to have that debate here, you can look it up.

A 2018 with no DC2 or pano? hmmm... maybe $27k, but i wouldn't want to be going up form there. That dealership is coming up on a problem sitting on a 2 year old car that has never been registered. Before long, they will just want it off their books.

pschall

You need to check which vintage of 2018 it is (ask red neeldes or white on the instrument cluster). There was a significant change 2018.5. i have no desire to have that debate here, you can look it up.

A 2018 with no DC2 or pano? hmmm... maybe $27k, but i wouldn't want to be going up form there. That dealership is coming up on a problem sitting on a 2 year old car that has never been registered. Before long, they will just want it off their books.
Red needles. I'll search the forums.

Pedal Commander