• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 BUICK REGAL TOURX Preferred AWD

pschall

You need to check which vintage of 2018 it is (ask red neeldes or white on the instrument cluster). There was a significant change 2018.5. i have no desire to have that debate here, you can look it up.

A 2018 with no DC2 or pano? hmmm... maybe $27k, but i wouldn't want to be going up form there. That dealership is coming up on a problem sitting on a 2 year old car that has never been registered. Before long, they will just want it off their books.
They are showing MSRP at $39,210.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Ya'll don't joke around. I mean at what point will dealers just say no that's impossible. I have a feeling they will tell me to pound sand if I want -14k. I like it though :).
Personally...no joke...I would not do a 2018. To me its a year older with the possibility of lot rot. Not worth the hassle. Unless its the deal of the century..I say keep looking...but to each his own.

pschall

Personally...no joke...I would not do a 2018. To me its a year older with the possibility of lot rot. Not worth the hassle. Unless its the deal of the century..I say keep looking...but to each his own.
What constitutes the deal of the century? From what I'm hearing, I should be getting a 2019 for -12k MSRP at this point. 2018 -14k+.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
What constitutes the deal of the century? From what I'm hearing, I should be getting a 2019 for -12k MSRP at this point. 2018 -14k+.
For me personally...the 2k difference between the 2018-2019 is not worth the risk, esp when it may be eaten up by depreciation if you were to sell/trade it in. It would have to be in the low-mid 20s for me to consider..but its hard for me compare my values with yours. Best of luck.

pschall

Faster..lol.
What is this red needle stuff all about? FWIW I just pinged them and offered 15k under MSRP on the 18. It has DC1 and S&S. Risky, but it may be a good deal. I do hate that it's the first year of the model though.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
If it's a Red Needle, I'd say jump on it. Fewer problems with the IU, higher resell down the road, and FASTER.
If I didn’t know better I’d say you and LJ are the same person. 🤣🤣. Actually, I don’t know better, which is even funnier on its own. 🤣🤣

RTPH

Ya'll don't joke around. I mean at what point will dealers just say no that's impossible. I have a feeling they will tell me to pound sand if I want -14k. I like it though :).
Stacked incentives are a powerful motivator, but you might want to wait a few weeks.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I'm not sure if I should feel pride or shame at this point in the TourX rabbit hole.
Buy a white needle Essence with all the options and you might just find out the hard way 😂😂😂.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
@pschall

The middle option is the way you want it outfitted unless you have to have leather and heated seats. I really like my BOSE system as far as infotainment goes. My 2018 is a white needle.

These guys bragging about their red needle cars are something else. Good guys, love all of them, but they're like the guy in an automotive forum that starts every post with:

"So I've got an S-class..."

Or

"As a Jaguar owner..."

:rolleyes:

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Take note that the only part of my post the White Needle boys are disputing is the FASTER. The only thing they don't know for sure.
I have white needles. I don’t know about the others but I’m not disputing or confirming the speed limits. I’ve not had the need to push it past 110 mph up to now.

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
What is this red needle stuff all about? FWIW I just pinged them and offered 15k under MSRP on the 18. It has DC1 and S&S. Risky, but it may be a good deal. I do hate that it's the first year of the model though.
I bought my '18 red needle last December with S&S and DC1 for 23,898.00. I could have got an extra 1,500 off if I used GMAC financing.

I did not want leather or the pano-roof. I did want the LED Headlights (must have) and the S&S package.

15k off is a start

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
@pschall

"As a Jaguar owner..."

:rolleyes:
...I'm quite satisfied with my '19 Preferred II (AWD + cloth seats), halogen headlamps, sunroof and no 'driver confidence' packages. Both cars have white needles and will perform at speed beyond my skills.

Heavens sakes--buy the car that YOU feel provides the needs that YOU desire or else you run the risk of owning a car that someone else would like.

Pedal Commander