• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 BUICK REGAL TOURX Preferred AWD

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Pschall..

I'm gonna throw this out there. Have a good look at the interior of the car you want to buy. The secret everyone keeps dancing around in the interior "update" that was done in mid 2018. The post update cars are referred to as 2018.5 and then 2019 or white needle cars. The gauges changed from a "red needle" gauge cluster to a white needle cluster. Also, there was an upgrade to the infotainment system. There are several strong opinions on here which design is better. My opinion is the early 2018s looked weird and like a chevy(not a compliment) while the 2018.5+ looked more clean, modern. The sideways numbers on the speedo and tach on the early 2018s drove me crazy.

You should get what makes you happy..but just wanted to make you aware of that change.

Here's an early 2018..note the red needles, binnacle gauges, the speedo/tach numbers wrap around the gauge. Some people claim the early 2018 infotainment system is less "buggy" ...don't know if that's true or not

1573104513895.png

Here's a 2018.5, 2019 or white needle. The gauges are flat, no binnacle and white background. Also notice slightly different look to infotainment system.
1573104828523.png

pschall

I see the case that's being made. Beyond ascetical opinions what functions differences exist around the white needle? Also, what's the deal with the buggy dash. During my 5 calls to England yesterday to Vauxhall shops, I came to the conclusion that the Brit's think the electronics on Vauxhall's are abysmal.

Lovedoctor

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Just bought my 2018 Preferred with DC1 & S&S package. Sticker was 36,685, they discounted it 13,698 and gave me 2k over kbb high end book trade on my 2015 Encore, that was a little over 22k after the discount. I am very pleased so far. It had been on the lot for close to a year and a half. The end of the month is the best time because the dealer needs the numbers to keep their point from GM. I love the way it handles and the DC1 and S&S packages are worth what they cost. Find you one and enjoy it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Maypo

Carmel, IN
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
New owner here of a 2019 Essence with DC1 and LED lights.
I give a huge thumbs up for both of those packages and wouldn't have bought it without them.
The car is superbly quiet and rides fantastic, corners flat. I drive a Corvette on nice and sunny days so I'm not too worried about my alleged slow-poke "white needle" car. ;)
Overall my TourX is my all-time favorite all-around car.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Funny enough, my wife didn't want the vehicle with no armrest on the rear seats. During our road trips she seats on the rear seat with the little one, so having arm rest was a deal breaker for us. So, I found an Essence '18 with S&S, no LED headlights though. 7k dealership owned car- asking was 27k, I've got them down to 26K, plus got 3k for my 2008 passat. So, I think, if you will look around- you might be able to find something that fits your needs and the budget!

Lovedoctor

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
sounds like a very good price to me, go for it !!

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
If you're happy with the price, what's the hesitation ? Odds are heavy in your favor that you won't come across any more than some minor annoyance with these cars.

pschall

Ended up getting -11k took it for the night. Have a premiere with LED and S&S. I dig it. I may pay and have seats wrapped. With the essence had the driver's package. LED's are a big deal. Time for the wife to see it. I don't miss my Audi terribly.

Pedal Commander