• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 BUICK REGAL TOURX Preferred AWD

kqian111

Pschall..

I'm gonna throw this out there. Have a good look at the interior of the car you want to buy. The secret everyone keeps dancing around in the interior "update" that was done in mid 2018. The post update cars are referred to as 2018.5 and then 2019 or white needle cars. The gauges changed from a "red needle" gauge cluster to a white needle cluster. Also, there was an upgrade to the infotainment system. There are several strong opinions on here which design is better. My opinion is the early 2018s looked weird and like a chevy(not a compliment) while the 2018.5+ looked more clean, modern. The sideways numbers on the speedo and tach on the early 2018s drove me crazy.

You should get what makes you happy..but just wanted to make you aware of that change.

Here's an early 2018..note the red needles, binnacle gauges, the speedo/tach numbers wrap around the gauge. Some people claim the early 2018 infotainment system is less "buggy" ...don't know if that's true or not

View attachment 19332

Here's a 2018.5, 2019 or white needle. The gauges are flat, no binnacle and white background. Also notice slightly different look to infotainment system.
View attachment 19333

Good reference. I have not found many bugs with my red needle nor on Facebook group or here. Probably bc it's a more mature OS that's been tried and trued by GM for a while. The new Android based OS has been a consistent sore spot on Fbook group and here for various freezes, random reboots, and bugs. The silver lining is that the new OS will have a better chance of getting future updates/upgrades whereas the red needle OS is probably reaching EOL with only minor updates expected.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Pschall..

I'm gonna throw this out there. Have a good look at the interior of the car you want to buy. The secret everyone keeps dancing around in the interior "update" that was done in mid 2018. The post update cars are referred to as 2018.5 and then 2019 or white needle cars. The gauges changed from a "red needle" gauge cluster to a white needle cluster. Also, there was an upgrade to the infotainment system. There are several strong opinions on here which design is better. My opinion is the early 2018s looked weird and like a chevy(not a compliment) while the 2018.5+ looked more clean, modern. The sideways numbers on the speedo and tach on the early 2018s drove me crazy.

You should get what makes you happy..but just wanted to make you aware of that change.

Here's an early 2018..note the red needles, binnacle gauges, the speedo/tach numbers wrap around the gauge. Some people claim the early 2018 infotainment system is less "buggy" ...don't know if that's true or not

20191107_141517.jpg
20191107_180036.jpg

Here's a 2018.5, 2019 or white needle. The gauges are flat, no binnacle and white background. Also notice slightly different look to infotainment system.
View attachment 19333
FIFY.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I like the one they have on GSs or Insignias better than red or white needles. But the red needles are coming from 1st generation Insignia. They had similar layout and design.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
The white needle reminds me of the gauges on my BMW motorcycle - very German “you are in zee the car to drive, not be entertained.” The red ones are styled more like something from an American built car.
The white ones look German to me also. The sideways numbers of the red gauges reminded me of old school(1950s) Buick or at least "American" cars. Seemed mismatched retro feel with an otherwise modern cockpit. Just MO...there are some that feel differently on here. :)

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
The white needle reminds me of the gauges on my BMW motorcycle - very German “you are in zee the car to drive, not be entertained.” The red ones are styled more like something from an American built car.
Your BMW gauges do look very German.
My old Valk's gauges look more normal, tnen the new Valk's IP.20191108_174841.jpg20191108_175312.jpg

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
The white ones look German to me also. The sideways numbers of the red gauges reminded me of old school(1950s) Buick or at least "American" cars. Seemed mismatched retro feel with an otherwise modern cockpit. Just MO...there are some that feel differently on here. :)
You like what you like. If everyone liked the same thing it’d be boring. My first car was a ‘57 Roadmaster with a horizontal thermometer speedo and a pinball machine -like chrome dash. It fit the car and was cool in its own way.

Pedal Commander