• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

2019 BUICK TOURX 4G to 5G Navigation Issue

GARY ANGUS

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tour X
Ok, you're not dealing with the sharpest knife in the technical drawer here, but I need help on an issue with a new 5G iphone 12 MINI that I just updated from an old iphone 7 4G.
Everything in the transformation in the car has worked except in NAVIGATION. I know longer see the streets on my screen, just a blue arrow in a blank grid, and when putting in an address to go to, the green loading circle just twirls endlessly.
Obviously, there is some type of disconnect here from 4G to 5G; the 4G on the older phone worked flawlessly.
Any input gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

GARY ANGUS

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tour X
Ok, you're not dealing with the sharpest knife in the technical drawer here, but I need help on an issue with a new 5G iphone 12 MINI that I just updated from an old iphone 7 4G.
Everything in the transformation in the car has worked except in NAVIGATION. I know longer see the streets on my screen, just a blue arrow in a blank grid, and when putting in an address to go to, the green loading circle just twirls endlessly.
Obviously, there is some type of disconnect here from 4G to 5G; the 4G on the older phone worked flawlessly.
Any input gratefully appreciated. Thank you.
Also, I should add that I go through the Apple Car Play app on my phone, NOT the Onstar Nav

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I have same phone, I normally use the built in nav but when I do use Carplay the nav apps work. It may depend which navigation app you are using on your Iphone as there are several. Try a different app and see if it works.

GARY ANGUS

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tour X
I have same phone, I normally use the built in nav but when I do use Carplay the nav apps work. It may depend which navigation app you are using on your Iphone as there are several. Try a different app and see if it works.
Many thanks for the quick reply-

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You guys sound sharp on phone interface with Regals.
Unfortunately it seems I am butter knife sharp on capabilities of android auto and using capabilities of
TourX with apps, my limited interaction is apparent.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
My first thought is that the power cord is defective. OR, See below. Are you using a good cord for your Apple Car Play?

I have a question. I have THREE iPhone SE-2 phones.

First one came with cord with the regular Lighting plug on phone end and regular USB-A plug that plugs into my chargers and onto car. (This is the standard iPhone cord for years).

Other two purchased a few months later came with a cord that has Lighting plug on phone end BUT USB-C plug on other end. This cord can’t be plugged into car or my existing chargers.
(No chargers included with these second two phones). I just use one of the many older Lighting cords I have with USB-A on other end.

Eventually Apple is being forced by the EU to only sell phones (in Europe) with USB-C plugs.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Really glad I never liked overpriced apple products, since they make you use their proprietary accessories.
Took me awhile to even get a PC, probably because started in data processing with IBM mainframes before PC's

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners