• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 Encore back up camera

Wayne scramstsd

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick encore essence
My 2019 Encore back up camera has a poor image, very bright washed out image, any one else have same problem?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
3rd post on the same subject, have you been to or contacted the dealer on this problem yet as it's 2019 year model?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Unless there is a software update, TSB fix, enough owners complain, or addressing this to Buick directly you are kind of stuck with the issue, sorry.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Yes I have and they say it is operating normal
I would challenge the dealer on that. Especially since it is a NEW car, and not something that is 5 years old with 100,000 miles.
Tell them to prove it to you that it is operating "normally" by having them take you out onto the lot and looking at the back up image from some other Encore's. If they are clear and not washed out then tell them you want yours fixed. I'm betting it's a bad camera/lens. Make them replace it.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Why not change the settings before returning to the dealer? The owner's manual should give steps on how to adjust the camera image to your liking. That's what I did with my car's cam after the initial image looked washed out by day and barely illuminated at night.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
Below is a copy of the owners manual. There are no user adjustable settings concerning the clarity of the image.
https://my.buick.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2019/Buick/encore/2019-buick-encore-owners-manual.pdf
Hi Mel, You beat me to it. I also searched through the 2019 Owners and Infotainment Manuals and could find nothing related to setting the contrast, brightness, or clarity of the infotainment screen or the backup camera image. My brother's Encore backup image is perfectly clear, day or night.

To the OP... don't let the dealer off the hook, make them fix it.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
I just checked the 2016 owners manual and found the following on page 174, under Driver Assistance Systems, Rear Vision Camera. This is not noted in the 2019 manual so not sure if it is still adjustable or not.

From 2016 Owners Manual - Page 174

Press MENU to adjust the display
brightness while viewing the rear
camera display.

Edit: 2017 owners manual still noted the Brightness adjustment, 2018 and 2019 do not.

Last edited:

G-237556

Just picked up our new 2019 Encore yesterday and noticed the horribly blurry image. Have to take the car in for something else next week, so I'll make sure they fix this. Not impressed though.

Wayne scramstsd

Buick Ownership
Just picked up our new 2019 Encore yesterday and noticed the horribly blurry image. Have to take the car in for something else next week, so I'll make sure they fix this. Not impressed though.
Good Luck I had mine
Good Luck I had mine checked by the dealer and they said it was working fine, I then phoned GM told them about it, now they phone me every week saying they are working on it, I would suggest contacting GM and complain, more complaints the better.

Wayne scramstsd

Buick Ownership

Wayne scramstsd

Buick Ownership
just talked to GM and was told there is nothing can be done about back up camera image on 2019 Buick Encore. Not happy about that.

TN Tim

Buick Ownership
Encore
Same problem with my 2019 Encore. Will let you all know when I take it in what happens here in Nashville. Also, am going to get them to fire up a couple on the lot to see if they are the same.

Wayne scramstsd

Buick Ownership
Same problem with my 2019 Encore. Will let you all know when I take it in what happens here in Nashville. Also, am going to get them to fire up a couple on the lot to see if they are the same.
yes I did the same and others have the same problem, I was in touch with GM canada and they say there is nothing they can do. They claim they will try to improve on the new models. That not good enough as far as I am concerned. Let me know how you make out.

rfinglet

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well this is my first post on the forum. Picked up our new 2019 TourX today. Never drove it at night and was horrified how bright the backup camera screen is. Very obnoxious bright and not safe. Spent a good hour or so reading the manual and found nothing on how to adjust the brightness. Glad to see I’m the the only one with this issue.

Pedal Commander