• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 Envision premium II oil temperature gauge ??

Durdle

Buick Ownership
Envision
We just purchased a new 2019 Envision Premium II 2 weeks ago. There appears to be an oil temperature gauge next to the tach. There is no mention of this gauge anywhere in the manual and I can't find anything about it on line. I don't know if it is an engine oil temp. gauge, or perhaps it is transmission oil temp. gauge. Further what's the reason for this anyway. Does it have something to do with it being a 2.0 L turbo? Would appreciate an explanation if anyone knows. Thanks

Durdle

Buick Ownership
Envision
FOLLOW UP. Got the answer about the oil temp. gauge from Buick. Seems my manual was the first issue which made no mention of the oil temp. gauge. A revised manual, the second issue showed the gauge and a brief description. It is, in fact, an oil temp. gauge, not a transmission oil temp. gauge. I was given no reason why it was necessary, I can only conclude it was needed for the 2.0 L turbo. The description warns that overheating of the oil can cause severe, if not fatal damage to the engine.

Pedal Commander