• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 GS Infotainment Issues - Station Presets Won't Work

Kevin GS

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Just got the dreaded "Favorites Unavailable" message this morning and vehicle restart does not clear this issue either. Looking on the WEB, this issue was raised in OCT-2018 and is a known software anomaly. Great!!
I have started to see some software gremlins pop up like missing XM radio station information, blank screen, yet music plays. This and some other issues since I have had my 6th generation ipod plugged into the console USB port. (Yes, I am using an actual Apple cable too.)

Any others have this issue?

Attachments

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I had that issue with my TourX a few weeks ago. It cleared itself on my next restart. I think XM still worked (sorry, it's been 2-3 weeks now and I just viewed it as a glitch)...I think I just wasn't able to change stations via steering wheel buttons...if I recall correctly.

Not to threadjack, but as a related aside: sometimes Waze doesn't play nice with Apple Car Play for me, but could be b/c I'm on iOS 10. Weird because usually I'm listening to XM and my phone is plugged in & ACP I guess is in the background...but Waze doesn't interface with ACP on iOS 10. I'm guessing it's picking up Waze directions/voice info via BT, and maybe that is throwing off XM because it wants to flip over to BT.

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Using the USB drive as a source sometimes... It doesn't find the USB drive and won't until the car goes to sleep and it's restarted.

Device Not Found

Kevin GS

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Using the USB drive as a source sometimes... It doesn't find the USB drive and won't until the car goes to sleep and it's restarted.

Device Not Found
I have had the same issue. When playing music from the ipod (5th generation) it would start playing music from the point it was stopped when the car was turned off. Other times, when started I would get a no device connected. I tried my 6th generation ipod and this one hardly ever reconnects after an ignition cycle.

Kevin GS

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Update: My car is at the dealer currently and the dealer tech is engaged with GM technical on the issue. No software updates available for install, but I knew that already. They are working on troubleshooting and will know more later today.

Kevin GS

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
26-APR-2019 Update: I got my car back from the dealer after they had it for 8 days. They were on the phone a lot with GM technical trying to come up with a solution, unfortunately it will require a software update to rectify and currently, GM has no updates available.

As Katsubento mentioned, the unresolved issue is that the iPod will not automatically reconnect after vehicle restart when connected to the USB port. We found it worked in a Cadillac CTS, and a Buick TourX which have different units, but not in the 8" infotainment unit in the GS. The dealer had to do a factory reset of the infotainment in order for it to work. The solution is that the iPod must be disconnected prior to shutting the car off and then reconnect it after the car is started. I have a phone with more memory now, so I will no longer use the iPod and will play music through the phone via WiFi or connected via USB using CarPlay.

If you are having intermittent glitches with the infotainment system and you have been using an apple iPod, you need to do a factory reset of the infotainment and I would recommend not using the iPod unless you want to manually disconnect and reconnect it every time. (Specific to us GS owners.:mad:)

Pedal Commander