2019 GS issues

2019 Regal GS
Hi folks! Since I bought my GS, now 5000 km, issues I’m having that need an answer from dealer:

- I lost break for a fraction is second just before stopping at the stop sign. I feel like transmission change to neutral for a moment then that caused the lost of braking maybe ???

- feel a vibration like an unbalanced wheel. I went back to the garage who installed my summer tire and they rebalance but no changes

- lost of radio intermittently, especially when my phone is plogued with car play. Looks like when the phone is receiving data it cut the sound.

- Lane detection, sometimes it doesn’t work, even if car is clean and sensor free of any dirt. And by the way that system is a real piece of junk. It only bouncing the from left right and vice versa like you are drunk! Last summer I rent a Rogue and it really drive by itself And keep you in the middle of the line.

- Sport/GS mode !! Not a big deal !!

Overall, I love it!!
BTW, anyone knows where to find the car updates description? I don’t know if it’s me but since a week or two, when I want to change line, before I have to hold the flasher stick if I don’t want to fully engage it, now just a little move and it flash by itself 3 times then turn off!!!!

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Wlepse

NNJ
2018 Regal TourX Essence
For the brakes I would have them check the vacuum system. I have never heard of a system losing braking for a split second and a vac leak still wouldn't keep you from stopping but the pedal feel would be considerably different.

Since you indicated you changed tires, I would suggest searching through the threads here. I believe a few people had to have drive shafts replaced. Once you have some info I would take it to the dealer and show them the issue.

I agree on the lane detection, the "safety" features don't perform as one would expect. Lane centering doesn't happen, sometimes the car just gives up on even trying with no alert, lane departure warning rarely alerts, blind spot detection should have option for audible alarm with turning indicator and forward collision avoidance is complete garbage. It alerts but never brakes....I have brought it in before but they tell me they can't test it. So I am not expecting this to ever work. But I will say the radar based cruise works well.

2019 Regal GS
For the brakes I would have them check the vacuum system. I have never heard of a system losing braking for a split second and a vac leak still wouldn't keep you from stopping but the pedal feel would be considerably different.

Since you indicated you changed tires, I would suggest searching through the threads here. I believe a few people had to have drive shafts replaced. Once you have some info I would take it to the dealer and show them the issue.

I agree on the lane detection, the "safety" features don't perform as one would expect. Lane centering doesn't happen, sometimes the car just gives up on even trying with no alert, lane departure warning rarely alerts, blind spot detection should have option for audible alarm with turning indicator and forward collision avoidance is complete garbage. It alerts but never brakes....I have brought it in before but they tell me they can't test it. So I am not expecting this to ever work. But I will say the radar based cruise works well.
Thanks for your reply. For the brakes, I will for sure !!! I wonder if that is something related to DOT 3 Oil instead of DOT 4? There’s a recall about that, maybe they missed a set of VIN number??

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Ok it’s me !!🤣🤣😁😁😬😬. Oups !! Thanks Bud!
You can actually make it blink once, but it is not recommended. An @$$ cop pulled me over when I was younger stating that I did not signal for a lane change. It blinked once and I moved over quickly to avoid the idiot in front of me panic braking for nothing.

2019 Regal GS
You can actually make it blink once, but it is not recommended. An @$$ cop pulled me over when I was younger stating that I did not signal for a lane change. It blinked once and I moved over quickly to avoid the idiot in front of me panic braking for nothing.
Brain is not included in the uniform 😉. Thanks for the tip D2R

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Regal TourX
FYI - Every GM car I have had does the "3 blink thing" with a quick partial push on the turnsignal stick - I have used it for like 10 years on 6 different GM cars.
My wife's Odyssey doesn't have it and I constantly find myself trying to use it on her car.

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
That is strange... neither the Odyssey (2012) nor my old Crosstour (2010) had it. I'm certain that I had it in cars prior to these, though.
The CR-V is the 4th gen one and I was surprised when I see that in action.
Thought to myself, finally something good from GM that is also implemented by others.

Banjo

2018 Reagal GS
I must be getting old my 18 GS 1. Lane keep assist works excellent, it will center you in the lane firmly it works good.2. Difference between Sport and GS is dramatic.. I can only really Enjoy GS on a perfect road..otherwise its too Firm and the steering is stiff. Havent had a radio or back up cam problem yet.Adaptive suspension is like having 3 cars in one. all wheel drive keeps the ride sweet and stable. I would like to drive my GS where it was designed in Germany on the autobahn.

2019 Regal GS
I must be getting old my 18 GS 1. Lane keep assist works excellent, it will center you in the lane firmly it works good.2. Difference between Sport and GS is dramatic.. I can only really Enjoy GS on a perfect road..otherwise its too Firm and the steering is stiff. Havent had a radio or back up cam problem yet.Adaptive suspension is like having 3 cars in one. all wheel drive keeps the ride sweet and stable. I would like to drive my GS where it was designed in Germany on the autobahn.
The 19 GS lane keep assist is very poor let me tell you!! It only make you jump from right to left and vice versa, its not keeping in between like I experimented on a Rogue ! Différence between GS and Sport vs Normal is not that dramatic steering is more firm and suspension for sure but that’s it.

I prefer the kick down on normal than sport or GS.

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The 19 GS lane keep assist is very poor let me tell you!! It only make you jump from right to left and vice versa, its not keeping in between like I experimented on a Rogue ! Différence between GS and Sport vs Normal is not that dramatic steering is more firm and suspension for sure but that’s it.

I prefer the kick down on normal than sport or GS.
The Nissan system is designed for lane centering, meanwhile the LKA on our Regal is, as the name has implied, lane keep assist.
It is only there to prevent us from drifting into other lanes by mistake.
Although I believe that given our vehicle is a Buick, which is a class above the more common Chevy, the lane centering systems should have been on our vehicle.
Unfortunately, GM is keeping the lane centering only on the SuperCruise equipped CT6.

2019 Regal GS
The Nissan system is designed for lane centering, meanwhile the LKA on our Regal is, as the name has implied, lane keep assist.
It is only there to prevent us from drifting into other lanes by mistake.
Although I believe that given our vehicle is a Buick, which is a class above the more common Chevy, the lane centering systems should have been on our vehicle.
Unfortunately, GM is keeping the lane centering only on the SuperCruise equipped CT6.
Like you said « unfortunately » and for me, Buick name’s should have no less than the best. Ironically, it’s probably a question of software version. This car should have the lane centering, the self parking feature. I’m not sure but the actual rack and pinion on our Regal’s probably the same for self parking because I don’t think that there’s one just for LKA and one for self parking, again, software version!

No wonder why sales was disaster. The Regal deserve the total! If I’m taking the Corvette for exemple, for the price of that car, performance are stunning and competes with the greatest car and that is because it’s a « Flagship » vehicle, as the Buick but the last did not get the same favors.

Turbo Buick Badge