• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

2019 TourX A/C line repair

GARY ANGUS

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tour X
Took my newly purchased, slightly used (4,200 miles) 2019 TourX in for warranty work regarding the entire system of 1234yf freon leaking out. As OCOMEON suggested with great pictures, the upper aluminum A/C line was rubbing on an engine bolt head, causing overnight leaking. Kudos to Fitzgerald Buick in Rockville, MD. (who I didn't buy the car from) for nice work and correcting the problem. Even had a free synthetic oil change credit, and tire rotation, too. I'll attached three photos that shows (a) the new line, (b) which is space AWAY from the bolt head (c) and additional rubber sleeving for protection on the aluminum A/C .

Attachments

• BUICKAC1.JPG
    BUICKAC1.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 66
  • BUICKAC2.JPG
    BUICKAC2.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 65
  • BUICKAC3.JPG
    BUICKAC3.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 64

HotZ28

Full Member Since 2005
SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
They must have fired the original design Engineer and hired another smarter one!! :giggle:

Mac-427

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
After inspecting the AC line clearance on my 2019 TourX, I measured an eighth inch between the line and the offending bolt head. Just to be cautious, I positioned a large nylon tie around the AC line with the "head" of the tie placed directly against the head of the offending bolt. This virtually eliminates the possibility of rubbing occurring from engine movement and saves me a trip to the dealer. Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy but it's the best I could do with my phone.

AC line.jpg

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Did you hire a midget with very small fingers to get down there?
My hands and fingers would never fit down there.

When I visually checked the clearance on mine, it was around a quarter inch or one cm.

Mac-427

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I was able to access the AC line by moving the wires above it to the side. I looped the wire tie around the AC line in an accessible spot, drew it up loosely and tightened it where I wanted it. I then clipped the “tail” with a wire cutter.

whitlcj1

Mississippi
Buick Ownership
1993 Roadmaster Estate Wagon 2019 TourX
Alrighty then. 60k miles now, 10k out of warranty. Just had my 60k inspection and tune-up per the schedule. No indication that the AC was low or not functioning. I drive about 1k more miles and didn't use AC for about a week or so. Sunday, no AC. No compressor. Fuse to the panel is good. Relay is fine. Going to check the lines when I get back to the car. Thank you for identifying this potential issue.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

chas

Kona
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX, 1990 F-150
Ditto to above - 2019 TourX with 49K miles, no problems of ANY kind so far - then no A/C - checked and found hose worn thru by the offending bolt, exactly as pictured above. Repair shop now searching for hose (dealer wants >$350.00...!).

But, miles/gallon up by about 4+/gal since cruising without A/C...

whitlcj1

Mississippi
Buick Ownership
Update to my issue is either the valve core leaks or the elbow the core screws into the hardline is cracked. They couldn't tell me after I asked the next day... So I can't replace the valve core and recharge it myself, I have to have it vacuum charged and tested to see if that fixes it. Or, and more expensively, I have to replace the hardline and have it vacuum charged and tested. Meh... At least it's getting cold. Won't have to pay a dime for a while.

whitlcj1

Mississippi
Buick Ownership
Ditto to above - 2019 TourX with 49K miles, no problems of ANY kind so far - then no A/C - checked and found hose worn thru by the offending bolt, exactly as pictured above. Repair shop now searching for hose (dealer wants >$350.00...!).

But, miles/gallon up by about 4+/gal since cruising without A/C...
500+ miles to a tank!!! Woohoo!!