• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

2019 TourX Groaning/Clunking in Front End

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
Hi All,

I'm looking for some feedback on a noise I've been having on my 2019 TourX. When I first got the car I had a noise that sounded like ABS when I hit the brakes. The front control arms were replaced is outlined in the TSB. Most of the noise went away; however, I still had a noise when turning the wheel or going over a bump/grade with the wheel turned. My dealer determined both front strut mounts needed to be replaced.

I had no noise for a period of time but then the second noise came back. It's definitely not as bad as it was before the strut mounts were replace. I really only notice the clunk noise when I have the wheel cut all the way and go over a curb into a driveway. While I'm not going to pull my hair out, I'd like to never have any noise.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, what did you fix? I read that some people had to have the control arms replaced again. TIA.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Going through unread threads and was surprised no one chimed in here, so... BUMP.

I would check the service receipt and verify the correct LCAs were installed. They should have listed the P/Ns. I thinks it's likely they need replaced again. Only other thing I could think of are some worn out bushings on the stabilizer bar/sway bar. Worn bushings would certainly be a little more vocal on those off camber maneuvers.

Here's another member who had the LCA TSB done and still had a pop like you described (Cause of the noise was a loose oil pan shield, explained in Post #5): Clunk when parking?

Last edited:

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
Interestingly enough, according to GM parts direct there are 3 part numbers for the right lower control arm. The left lower control arm only has 2. I’m wondering if there were still problems with the right control arm design…

I’m wondering why the Malibu’s don’t seem to suffer the same lower control arm issues since they use the same control arms?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners