• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

2019 TourX rear turn signal replacement

Rk54Strat

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
TourX
The rear drivers side turn signal has been on the fritz the last few days. I pulled out the lenses assembly though the rubber grommet-gasket will not release. What am I doing wrong and is the bulb (?) replaceable or a dealer only item only ?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Why isn't this covered by your bumper to bumper warranty?
For me, that is a simple reason for this kind of repair.
The cost of the bulb vs the hassle to make an appointment and then head to the dealer, and the wait for them to get done.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
For me, that is a simple reason for this kind of repair.
The cost of the bulb vs the hassle to make an appointment and then head to the dealer, and the wait for them to get done.
Sylvania does not list a bulb for the taillights, but lists a 921 as a directional bulb.

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Sylvania does not list a bulb for the taillights, did you get a new one before trying to replace it?
Luckily, I do not need the replacement yet.
The bulb model had been discussed in another thread about hyperflashing/rear turn signal, hence it shall be an easy swap once figured out how to pull it.
I guess it is my nature to get my hands dirty as an enthusiast. ;)

Rk54Strat

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
TourX
I guess my question should be -“who on this thread has actually replaced the bulb”. I pulled the housing assembly out once again and removed the 5 or 6 torx fasteners that secures the lens to the plastic base or housing. I tried be I couldn’t separate the two pieces. Is there any outside chance this is an LED bulb ?

Anaduff

Associate Member
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS, 2003 Jaguar X-Type
OK...I believe the only 'user' replaceable light on the outboard tail lamp module is the brake/turn signal bulb. There should be two wires running into a 'knob' type thingie that you have to remove by rotating it counter-clockwise. Although there are a few screws located about the module, they more or less reinforce the glue holding the black back plate to the red lens assembly and don't need to be removed. The actual tail lamp is a LED which is 'maintaince free' (you can't fix it). The back-up bulbs (also replaceable) are part of the inboard module mounted on the lift gate.

Rk54Strat

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
TourX
I think you may be correct. The tail light is definitely an LED- though what looks like a knob thing or the back of a typical bulb socket and would usually need a 1/4 turn to remove is not budging. It almost
looks like it’s an extruded 1 piece molded piece. I’ll investigate a bit more tomorrow when the sun comes up

Rk54Strat

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
TourX
Success- a pair of 14” Channellocks and voila the bulb socket came loose. I’ve never needed to use hand tools to remove a bulb socket. It almost felt as though there was epoxy or adhesive hold the parts together.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bloomer

Stillwater Mn.
Buick Ownership
TourX (Red Needle)
Glad I found this thread. Misbehaving right turn rear directional signal on red needle tourx. Breeze to replace, 2 Phillips screws to loosen housing, pull straight back and comes out. 1/4turn to housing to replace bulb. 7440 is correct bulb. Sylvinia book listed 921 bulb, incorrect. When you reinsert light housing you need to march up rubber grommet and pin on back of housing.