• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 TourX with S&S (Bose) - audio dropouts?

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I'm worried my infotainment may be a lemon... :(

Has anyone else experienced this? I get random audio dropouts for about a second. Source doesn't seem to matter (radio, carplay, etc).

I thought this might be a driver alert i was misinterpreting, but I've also had issues where the << or >> buttons don't work on the steering wheel or dash - only the screen-based ones work. Very weird, and intermittent.

Yes, I've checked for updates, and none are available.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
red needle or white needle?

I have a red needle and haven't come across this. Every once in a while my SiriusXM station cuts out and I have to change the channel to get it back on. Also cuts out when there is interference... but only on SiriusXM so far.

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
red needle or white needle?

I have a red needle and haven't come across this. Every once in a while my SiriusXM station cuts out and I have to change the channel to get it back on. Also cuts out when there is interference... but only on SiriusXM so far.
White needle (though i thought all 19's are, maybe I've misread).

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I'm going to try turning audiopilot off - only thing i can think of, unless there is a really a fault.

Toppa

MN
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I have the same issue on my '19 with the Bose system. Haven't found a solution and haven't been in for service yet.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
White needle (though i thought all 19's are, maybe I've misread).
Yes, all 2019s are white-needle.

My 2019 TourX with Bose/S&S doesn't seem to have this problem, but I've only had the car 2 months/1900 miles.

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
Same issue here (2019 DC1, DC2, S&S). But all my drop outs seem to be related to a "fast start", i.e. cranking and driving off before the Infotainment system has a chance to fully boot.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I've only experienced it with phone plugged in running Waze via Carplay.

Gteunuch

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I have had this, but I was assuming it was an issue with Sirius rather then the whole system.... My wife commented it on the other day.

Lovely, more infotainment issues.

Last edited:

Toppa

MN
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I usually roll with CarPlay/(Spotify/Waze) running, but I've experienced the brief cutouts even with the FM radio and no Bluetooth or wired connection devices

TommyOpel~74-18

Capitol Region of Pennsylvania
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback
2018 Sportback- I've had this happen with USB drive playing music. Also, sometimes it says there is no usb when I know damn well there is. I highly suspect this may be part of the slow boot up of the system as someone pointed out. As with the rear camera lines disappearing, GM will probably say it's "normal function". :rolleyes:

G-880607

I’ve had the same issue (2019)while running Apple CarPlay and or Waze. It doesn’t seem to matter the source. I bounce between Spotify, Pandora, HD radio or the music files on my IPhone. The drop out is very brief. I seems to be a processing issue with the system.

joshuab

Novi, MI
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I have had this problem. So far, have only used the built in Pandora and Spotify apps. Happens every time I have drove the car. Although, being a third string summer car, I have only put about 350 miles on the car during first month of ownership. I thought it was the data plan dropping out at first, but living in metro Detroit that should not happen.

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
2018 red-needle Sportback Essence with Sights and Sounds, Driver Confidence 1, and moonroof here. There is one location locally where SiriusXM cuts out; every time I drive by there but nowhere else except (sometimes and sometimes not) my garage, which is understandable.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
I have experienced this "drop out" problem as well when listening to my iPod via the USB connection which is about all I ever listen to. I just started using Apple CarPlay so will have to see if it happens with that as well. My Tour X (white needle) has every package and option.

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Anybody able to search for a TSB on this? It's amazing that i haven't seen anything on this, when searching

Pedal Commander