2019 TourX with S&S (Bose) - audio dropouts?

WoodyIRE

2018 Tourx Essence
I have also had this issue multiple time, I think it might be a volume thing. It happened once when I had the music way to load and it just went really quite. The wife thinks it has something to do with the navigation interrupting even when not using navigation

Ktinca

Monterey Park, California
2019 TourX Essence DC1/DC2/SS - white/ebony
Same here with my 2019 TourX with SS. It happens on HD Radio, Sirius XM and others. I get the random drop outs on HD Radio and Sirius XM for sure, not sure of the other options. I am guessing it may be due to the weak digital signal at certain geographic area. It is annoying. If that is true, then it has a radio with a weak/poor receiver.

R-one

2019 Buick Regal TourX
I have an 2019 essence w/o the SS pkg and audio drops out often using CarPlay. It is not all the time but often enough to notice.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
Now I've had a chance to use Apple CarPlay I can confirm the "drop outs" happen with that as well. During the brief time I listened to FM radio, drop outs with that as well. Not too impressive for an optional "high-end" sound system!

greenne

Albany, NY
2019 Regal TourX
A thought..are you using Android auto? If so...I get a "dropout" when notification come across my phone-- new email, breaking news, etc.

This may be a feature of your phone rather than a problem. For me it occurs anytime the phone is connected to Bluetooth--not just when I am using android auto or spotify, etc. Maybe change notification settings on phone?

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
Im using an iPhone 8 connected with an Apple cord to the center console USB using CarPlay. I had a "certified" cord first and I thought trying the official Apple cord would help...nope. I get dropouts randomly when listening to music or podcasts. I haven't used the USB for a stick or anything else.

I also get dropouts when listening to terrestrial FM radio. Not really a feature to have dropouts.

Haven't used BT since CarPlay charges my phone...I could try it someday.

greenne

Albany, NY
2019 Regal TourX
Im using an iPhone 8 connected with an Apple cord to the center console USB using CarPlay. I had a "certified" cord first and I thought trying the official Apple cord would help...nope. I get dropouts randomly when listening to music or podcasts. I haven't used the USB for a stick or anything else.

I also get dropouts when listening to terrestrial FM radio. Not really a feature to have dropouts.

Haven't used BT since CarPlay charges my phone...I could try it someday.
On my phone..it isn't a cord problem...its the phone interrupting to notify you of something.

Chockomon

2019 Regal Sportback AWD
Add me to the list - 2019 Essence DC1, DC2 and S&S - I get audio dropout when streaming on Bluetooth or using CarPlay. It also happens randomly

Never had it happen on FM or SXM

CTMechE

CT
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I am sitting in the dealership waiting for the completed repair. Same issue and it was a defective audio unit replaced under warranty.
I'm curious to relate this to the previous strike/parts availability thread - did they order the replacement before the strike, or during?

So far so good on my '19 Essence S&S radio. I've used Bluetooth, SXM, Terrestrial, and Android Auto, and I don't notice any cutouts (other than satellite reception under bridges). Yes, Android attenuates sound when you get notifications, but I'm used to that because I listen to my phone on headphones regularly and am used to that. Plus, I have an AndroidWear smartwatch where I can see/feel the notifications at the same time, so I'd definitely notice a cutout that wasn't due to them.

Good luck to all, hopefully mine doesn't develop issues!

hancox

2019 Regal TourX
I am sitting in the dealership waiting for the completed repair. Same issue and it was a defective audio unit replaced under warranty.
let us know if this worked! Also, if you could get details on the repair, it might help. Thanks!

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
2018 Regal TourX
Monday I had my first complimentary service (oil change, tire rotation, and car wash) and the dealer loaned me an Invasion Envision that was on their Demo Sale while they had my car. The Envision had a different interface for infotainment but had the base stereo.

Still had occasional drop outs listening to XM in "demo mode".

Just an FYI.

G-468820

I'm worried my infotainment may be a lemon... :(

Has anyone else experienced this? I get random audio dropouts for about a second. Source doesn't seem to matter (radio, carplay, etc).

I thought this might be a driver alert i was misinterpreting, but I've also had issues where the << or >> buttons don't work on the steering wheel or dash - only the screen-based ones work. Very weird, and intermittent.

Yes, I've checked for updates, and none are available.
They replaced my unit under warranty-it occasionally froze and delay in responding to changes in the volume knob. Problem fixed.

regfootball

Has anyone else experienced this? I get random audio dropouts for about a second. Source doesn't seem to matter (radio, carplay, etc).

I thought this might be a driver alert i was misinterpreting, but I've also had issues where the << or >> buttons don't work on the steering wheel or dash - only the screen-based ones work. Very weird, and intermittent.

brand new 2019 here, i get them too. had the dropouts within minutes after driving off the lot. Has not happened though the last couple weeks now. I thought it might be due to cable connection with iphone so a friend cleaned out my lightning port of my iphone and dug a bunch of lint out of there. i can't help but think cleaning the crud out of your lighting port can only help too. but that didn't eliminate it. because it still was happening on radio as well.

Bonze72

Lesabre

Is the drop out regular like every 10 seconds 15 so on?

Bonze72

Lesabre
Mine isn’t regular, quite intermittent. I believe it has something to do with connecting a phone through USB. I drove for a while disconnected listening to HD radio and had no dropouts.
Ok I’ve run into some Bluetooth modules that caused a drop every 15 seconds sounds like you have a different problem

Turbo Buick Badge