• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2019 TourX with S&S (Bose) - audio dropouts?

WoodyIRE

Buick Ownership
2018 Tourx Essence
I have also had this issue multiple time, I think it might be a volume thing. It happened once when I had the music way to load and it just went really quite. The wife thinks it has something to do with the navigation interrupting even when not using navigation

Ktinca

Monterey Park, California
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence DC1/DC2/SS - white/ebony
Same here with my 2019 TourX with SS. It happens on HD Radio, Sirius XM and others. I get the random drop outs on HD Radio and Sirius XM for sure, not sure of the other options. I am guessing it may be due to the weak digital signal at certain geographic area. It is annoying. If that is true, then it has a radio with a weak/poor receiver.

R-one

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
I have an 2019 essence w/o the SS pkg and audio drops out often using CarPlay. It is not all the time but often enough to notice.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
Now I've had a chance to use Apple CarPlay I can confirm the "drop outs" happen with that as well. During the brief time I listened to FM radio, drop outs with that as well. Not too impressive for an optional "high-end" sound system!

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
A thought..are you using Android auto? If so...I get a "dropout" when notification come across my phone-- new email, breaking news, etc.

This may be a feature of your phone rather than a problem. For me it occurs anytime the phone is connected to Bluetooth--not just when I am using android auto or spotify, etc. Maybe change notification settings on phone?

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Wagon
Im using an iPhone 8 connected with an Apple cord to the center console USB using CarPlay. I had a "certified" cord first and I thought trying the official Apple cord would help...nope. I get dropouts randomly when listening to music or podcasts. I haven't used the USB for a stick or anything else.

I also get dropouts when listening to terrestrial FM radio. Not really a feature to have dropouts.

Haven't used BT since CarPlay charges my phone...I could try it someday.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Im using an iPhone 8 connected with an Apple cord to the center console USB using CarPlay. I had a "certified" cord first and I thought trying the official Apple cord would help...nope. I get dropouts randomly when listening to music or podcasts. I haven't used the USB for a stick or anything else.

I also get dropouts when listening to terrestrial FM radio. Not really a feature to have dropouts.

Haven't used BT since CarPlay charges my phone...I could try it someday.
On my phone..it isn't a cord problem...its the phone interrupting to notify you of something.

Chockomon

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback AWD
Add me to the list - 2019 Essence DC1, DC2 and S&S - I get audio dropout when streaming on Bluetooth or using CarPlay. It also happens randomly

Never had it happen on FM or SXM

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I am sitting in the dealership waiting for the completed repair. Same issue and it was a defective audio unit replaced under warranty.
I'm curious to relate this to the previous strike/parts availability thread - did they order the replacement before the strike, or during?

So far so good on my '19 Essence S&S radio. I've used Bluetooth, SXM, Terrestrial, and Android Auto, and I don't notice any cutouts (other than satellite reception under bridges). Yes, Android attenuates sound when you get notifications, but I'm used to that because I listen to my phone on headphones regularly and am used to that. Plus, I have an AndroidWear smartwatch where I can see/feel the notifications at the same time, so I'd definitely notice a cutout that wasn't due to them.

Good luck to all, hopefully mine doesn't develop issues!

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I am sitting in the dealership waiting for the completed repair. Same issue and it was a defective audio unit replaced under warranty.
let us know if this worked! Also, if you could get details on the repair, it might help. Thanks!

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Monday I had my first complimentary service (oil change, tire rotation, and car wash) and the dealer loaned me an Invasion Envision that was on their Demo Sale while they had my car. The Envision had a different interface for infotainment but had the base stereo.

Still had occasional drop outs listening to XM in "demo mode".

Just an FYI.

Pedal Commander