• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2020 buick enclave knocking

judgar

Buick Ownership
buick enclave
I have a 2020 enclave. It has a knocking noise when Iam almost to a stop. They tell me it is a purge valve. I dont believe this. only have 4800 miles on it/ this started about 2 months ago. does anyone else have this problem.

judgar

Buick Ownership
buick enclave
yes. the dealership said it is a plurge valve/ I can not beleive this iit is so loud at times

judgar

Buick Ownership
buick enclave
ok took it in to a dearlership this morning. they said they will need it for 2 days . so we will see how this one goes.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

G-103839

yes gm bought it back under the lemon law. but a dearlership near us said it was the purge valve

KBuick75

Buick Ownership
Encore
Easy way to tell if it's the purge valve is to unplug the purge valve while you're hearing the noise. If it stops, it's the purge valve. If it continues, it's no the purge valve.

Tinner

Buick Ownership
2020 Enclave
I have a 2020 enclave. It has a knocking noise when Iam almost to a stop. They tell me it is a purge valve. I dont believe this. only have 4800 miles on it/ this started about 2 months ago. does anyone else have this problem.
My 2020 Enclave with 14K miles has a tapping/knocking noise with climate off and radio off when its warm. Stops when engine stops at lights. Noise might be there when i have climate and radio on, i just dont notice it.

Val3141

Buick Ownership
2020 Enclave
yes. the dealership said it is a plurge valve/ I can not beleive this iit is so loud at times
I have the same problem, they told me the same thing. That it normal it’s the purge valve. After bringing my car back 3 times in 3 weeks. I was told by 2 mechanics that I have a cracked flex pipe with 2 other leaks. It’s hard dealing with these dealership after purchasing a car. Not giving up though. Going to check with DMV to see what regulations are in Place.