• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Buick Encore GX

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore
Looks ok, Not sure I like it anymore then the current model. Would like to see the interior. Looks like a compact SUV with a few different lines.
Edit: After looking at it some more I also prefer the hood of the current model that goes all the way to the front of the car rather then have that extra piece in the front like the new one has.

Last edited:

oregon_rider

Buick Ownership
Encore
I think the main thing to come in the new model will be a just slightly greater width in the interior - give it that armrest that both driver and passenger can use....

Looks like visibility to rear will be improved - rear windows are 'lower' and rear-most pillar smaller (?).

Talk of the 3 cylinder engine being a possibility as standard here in the u.s. threw me off a little. What's next? A twin boxer? ;-)

That being said - having the new 9 speed auto transmission sounds really good to me. I have it in our diesel cruze and absolutely love it. With 9 speeds the gear ratios are relatively close compared to 6 speed - shifts are smooth and it always seems like it is the right gear - seamless. Again, Love It.

If I could get the encore with the 1.6 liter diesel and 9 speed that came in the cruze - I would be "all over it"... Too bad VW messed up so badly - love the torque of the diesel and mileage... Our 2017 diesel cruze can easily do 50+ mpg on the highway - 55mpg....

jeff

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Jeff I wish they would have had interior photos. I was thinking the same thing about the arm rest.

OldWhiteChevy

Looks ok, Not sure I like it anymore then the current model. Would like to see the interior. Looks like a compact SUV with a few different lines.
Edit: After looking at it some more I also prefer the hood of the current model that goes all the way to the front of the car rather then have that extra piece in the front like the new one has.
My overall reaction: Meh. I agree about the hood; this design reminds me of GM's 1980's designs (Century, Cutlass Ciera) with that unnecessary section between the grill and leading edge of the hood.

OTOH, I like the rear styling. The taillights have a horizontal flow to them which helps make the vehicle look a little less top-heavy than the present design.

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore
My overall reaction: Meh. I agree about the hood; this design reminds me of GM's 1980's designs (Century, Cutlass Ciera) with that unnecessary section between the grill and leading edge of the hood.

OTOH, I like the rear styling. The taillights have a horizontal flow to them which helps make the vehicle look a little less top-heavy than the present design.
Yea I dont understand the hood decision, When the non USA version doesn't go this route. I had that extra piece on my 2016 Malibu and I look at it and dont care for it, it just breaks the flow of the hood. There must be a reason for it but I dont know what it is.

oregon_rider

Buick Ownership
Encore
Yea I dont understand the hood decision, When the non USA version doesn't go this route. I had that extra piece on my 2016 Malibu and I look at it and dont care for it, it just breaks the flow of the hood. There must be a reason for it but I dont know what it is.
I was thinking they are switching to aluminum body panels. If so, they aren't as rigid and might need to be smaller in size and also need more support when the hood is closed.

Jeff

MnBuick17

Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I like the look of it, looks less rounded like current version. This is the cousin to the new 2020 Trailblazer right? Can't believe they are making the Trailblazer even smaller than the Equinox. So much for something that looks like the old version.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
I like the look of it, looks less rounded like current version. This is the cousin to the new 2020 Trailblazer right? Can't believe they are making the Trailblazer even smaller than the Equinox. So much for something that looks like the old version.

I like the new Blazer for what it is. But that was the wrong name to chose.

Pedal Commander