• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Buick Encore GX

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
2020 Buick Encore GX Expands Brand’s SUV Family

When the Encore GX arrives in early 2020, Buick will offer four premium SUVs across the three segments customers are shopping in most: small, compact and midsize. The Encore GX will be positioned between the smaller Encore and the larger Envision and Enclave models. It will offer new standard safety technologies* and its style and functionality will be just right for many of today’s buyers.

“As we look to the future of Buick, the Encore GX positions us strongly as a consideration for those who want to purchase small or compact SUVs,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president, Global Buick and GMC.

Today, almost 90 percent of U.S. Buick sales come from SUVs.

The Encore GX’s new standard safety and driver assistance features* will include Front Pedestrian Braking, Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert and Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning. It will also offer the Enclave’s innovative Rear Camera Mirror, which provides a wide, less obstructed rear view while parking and driving, and High Definition Surround Vision camera system.

Its spirited and efficient performance will be paired with a purposefully designed cargo space that’s almost 5 cubic feet larger than the Encore and about 3 cubic feet smaller than the Envision.

Product specifications and pricing will be announced when the Encore GX begins arriving at U.S. dealers.

SR1945

Buick Ownership
2019 Envision
Thanks for the update. Just went to my dealer, took a test drive of the 2L version, 137 hp, and the CVT Transmission. Just ordered the 3L 155 hp version, sports touring, frosty white. Now the wait.

OldWhiteChevy

Thanks for the update. Just went to my dealer, took a test drive of the 2L version, 137 hp, and the CVT Transmission. Just ordered the 3L 155 hp version, sports touring, frosty white. Now the wait.
How does it feel driving a 3-cylinder engine, especially in terms of smoothness? And what's the CVT like? I'm wondering how it's going to compare to the traditional Buick standards.

SR1945

Buick Ownership
2019 Envision
Actually I was driving the 1.2L version and it felt just fine for around town, didn’t try it on the highway or up any hills, just flat city driving. It felt smooth and no jerkiness when applying the gas. I’ve had experiences with the Honda civic, Honda CRV and a Honda fit with CVT’s and they also were smooth. The Honda Fit however sounded course and very loud once pressing on the gas. I have currently a six speed BUICK Enverness, and the CVT’s of course are smoother. The regular automatics will have a slight up or down shifting sensation that the CVT‘s do not have.

The BUICK Encore GX model I’m getting will be the 1.3L version with 155 hp. Should be just as good as the 1.2L version

Last edited:

ThatsNotABuick!

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo M6
they did so much better with this. i was disappointed when the 2018 came out. It just seemed GM put little to no thought into it. The GX looks great.
I actually thought the 2017+ models were a huge improvement over the previous ones. They fixed almost all the problems with the earlier models. The jury is still out on the reliability of this powertrain. GMs previous attempt with CVTs was a disaster. The upgraded engine with the 9-speed should be okay, but will be pretty expensive.

ThatsNotABuick!

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo M6
Until they get a page up here, I have created a Facebook page for the GX: Buick Encore GX

Last edited:
Turbo Buick Badge