2020 Buick LaCrosse

tombalas

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse Leather
Don't be so sure about that. GM will just import it from China, which seems to be its long term goal for most vehicles if they had their druthers.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Don't be so sure about that. GM will just import it from China, which seems to be its long term goal for most vehicles if they had their druthers.
GM has indicated no long term goals to sell the LaCrosse here anymore. I'd hope you're right, but taking them at their own words... not gonna happen.

Many manufacturers are continuing sedan production and sales overseas for models they discontinued here.

tombalas

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse Leather
Unfortunately, most people don't wants cars anymore...
Yet, oddly enough, only the Detroit Big 3 are bailing out on the segment - everyone else will still be making them. Having recently been in Paris, the Europeans make some awesome cars - and I think Peugeots were the prettiest. Other than a few Toyotas and Kias on the roads, most of the cars were of European origin. Didn't see a single American car. Hopefully Peugeot will fill the gap when they return to the US market in a few years.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Like the new version also. There's a bunch of copycats out there for sure with those same sweeping lines.

Wonder on the tax and tariffs now too projected on imports? Friggin' Maine and their over $1k registration and licensing fees. I'm not giving this state any more than I need too. Just deters me from anything new(er). Depends how bad I want though I 'spose lol.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2007 Corvette Coupe, 2018 Cadillac ATS
I just don't see the appeal of SUVs, at heart I am a coupe guy but for family use need a sedan. I am also not into foreign vehicles so...

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
Just avoiding US environmental and fuel consumption regulations...by selling trucks.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Why wouldn't GM import the new Lacrosse if they could? It fills a big gap in their line-up, expecially since the future of Regal is up in the air. GM would import from Germany but not from China? It all depends on what tariffs are charged and what kind of trade agreement is reached.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Why wouldn't GM import the new Lacrosse if they could? It fills a big gap in their line-up, expecially since the future of Regal is up in the air. GM would import from Germany but not from China? It all depends on what tariffs are charged and what kind of trade agreement is reached.
Transport cost and tariffs, plus a lackluster demand.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
The SUV craze will continue to get worse and worse as fewer cars are on the road and sedan drivers are more surrounded by vehicles they cannot see around...
I pass trucks and large SUVs all the time (that I would otherwise be content being behind), just so I can see more than 10 feet down the road.

I was thinking about the exact phenomena the other day when the traffic came to a sudden stop and my reaction time was cut very much short due to not seeing the issue (long line of cars and brake lights) sooner. Wonder if this craze is leading to what appears to me to be an increase in rear end collisions? Add in distracted driving and it's no wonder insurance is starting to price people out of driving in some areas.

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Chinese workers make less than one-quarter of what American car workers make. Surprisingly, Mexican auto workers make even less than the Chinese.
Most industries are automated (mechanized), the labor costs are relatively low as a result. That's why we get decent vehicles now for not much more than we got arguably shitty vehicles 15-20 years ago. While it's true they save some money producing products elsewhere, tariffs and transport costs almost wipe those gains out which is why you see Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai with USA based factories for the cars in highest demand from them here. Note how many Ford and GM vehicles in demand in the USA are still being built here. Importing is expensive.

Pops2010

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
I didn’t like the 17-19 LaCrosse body style. I loved the 2010 when it came out. I had a 15 and a 16 and I loved the tail lights and head lights on those models, but the blue interior of the 2010 better. I have a 2010 now. I saw the pics of the new one for China yesterday and loved it. I wish they would keep it here....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.