• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Buick Regal Refresh in China

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Or perhaps the 2020 Regal. These changes are so minor GM probably didn't bother to tell us-

"While it does not explicitly mention a refresh, these changes are so minor it isn’t surprising the company didn’t bother to line-item the changes in the order guide. No other major changes are slated for the 2020 Regal "

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
It looks like it has a conventional trunk, rather than the Sportback/Five Door/Liftback configuration of the current U.S. car. The "sharkfin" antenna appears to be all the way at the back of the roof, right next to the third brake light. Also, the shape of the opening appears to curve inward a bit just under the glass.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
This is a China version, where they have the trunk vs. hatch. So maybe US will be the same look..only hatch instead of the trunk? Just guessing at it here since I have yet to see any official US Spec Regal photos.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
This is a China version, where they have the trunk vs. hatch. So maybe US will be the same look..only hatch instead of the trunk? Just guessing at it here since I have yet to see any official US Spec Regal photos.
The 2020 version Regal family is now on Buick website with "build and price" and galllery.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
It looks like it has a conventional trunk, rather than the Sportback/Five Door/Liftback configuration of the current U.S. car. The "sharkfin" antenna appears to be all the way at the back of the roof, right next to the third brake light. Also, the shape of the opening appears to curve inward a bit just under the glass.
Yes China has a conventional trunk.

IMG_1073.JPEG

The 2020 version Regal family is now on Buick website with "build and price" and galllery.
I was hoping to see the ST trim but its not there yet.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
China got a trunk because that's what they prefer. Otherwise GM wouldn't have put the resources into designing both the trunk and liftback.
It does beg the question, if the Regal is to continue after PSA moves on from GM would enough people in North America be willing to buy one made / assembled in China?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
It does beg the question, if the Regal is to continue after PSA moves on from GM would enough people in North America be willing to buy one made / assembled in China?
I, for one, will give GM the middle finger for that.
That is one of the reason I am staying away from Volvo now since they are owned by China.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I, for one, will give GM the middle finger for that.
That is one of the reason I am staying away from Volvo now since they are owned by China.
It was one of the questions on a Recent survey I got related to my TourX purchase. Would I buy a car made in China?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
It was one of the questions on a Recent survey I got related to my TourX purchase. Would I buy a car made in China?
Maybe because they are testing the water and see how many people are turned off by that mere idea.
Let's just say I am not surprised the next gen Invasion is still invading from China. (Should be coming very soon given the current one came out for model year 2016)
So many reasons that I will NEVER get a vehicle made in China.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
China is STILL the enemy. As long as they are RED China, I try not to buy.

I liked it better back when China was openly our enemy. 1949 until Nixon opened up to them. We knew how we stood with them. Of course, most Americans don’t remember or don’t want to know about it.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
China is STILL the enemy. As long as they are RED China, I try not to buy.

I liked it better back when China was openly our enemy. 1949 until Nixon opened up to them. We knew how we stood with them. Of course, most Americans don’t remember or don’t want to know about it.
I remember the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics. I don't know how many people there were moving in absolute unison, but I remember thinking, man if they train their civilian dancers this well, I can't imagine having to face the 150M soldiers that they could probably pull together.

Pedal Commander