• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Regal Sportback/TourX - What's New

printf

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
None, currently shopping/researching
The GM Fleet Order Guide for Buick was updated on April 19, 2019 and here's what I found that is new for the 2020 model year:

Sportback

• New available "ST Apperance Package" for the Essence trim, includes Custom black grille, Rear sport spoiler, ST badge, and 18" aluminum wheels with Gloss Black finish
  • New Satin Steel Gray Metallic premium paint. Available for all trims except base and Avenir.
TourX
  • New Satin Steel Gray Metallic premium paint. Available for all trims except base.
Here's how I got this data:

1. Go to https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com
  2. Select the 2020 model year and "Ordering information"
  3. Select "Buick" on the bottom row.
  4. Press "Print Book"
  5. Select Sportback or TourX.
  6. Press "Print model" , then the Print button on the top right.
  7. When the PDF file shows up, use Ctrl+F to look for "New!" (with exclamation point)

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Owned a 1976 Regal & 1990 Riviera
Thanks for this ... good to see the TourX making another model year. Any idea where they will be built? I understand they might not be at the Opel plant any longer.

Also, when are they due to be available?

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
And then I got to page 25.

wait...what?

3832CA10-9441-4617-9276-3C403B7B4EDD.png

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I wonder how different the new gray will be. Not that it matters too much to me since I bought my sport red.
The current Camaro comes in that new color. Less green, more blue and a little lighter is my take on the new color based on photos I've seen on the inter-webs.

I have the smoked pearl and have noticed a common issue... The paint doesn't seem to match from panel to panel, or sometimes within a panel.

I don't know what's going on, if it's that the panels are not level and the light is playing tricks, or the way the car is painted at the factory. But my driver's door "looks" darker than the rear door. It's as if the rear door starts to get lighter about 8 inches from the front door.

It was definitely not repainted, and I have seen similar anomalies on other smoked pearl vehicles on line and in person.

It seems to have been a very popular color so maybe color consistency is a reason for it being withdrawn.

Pathy01

The current Camaro comes in that new color. Less green, more blue and a little lighter is my take on the new color based on photos I've seen on the inter-webs.

I have the smoked pearl and have noticed a common issue... The paint doesn't seem to match from panel to panel, or sometimes within a panel.

I don't know what's going on, if it's that the panels are not level and the light is playing tricks, or the way the car is painted at the factory. But my driver's door "looks" darker than the rear door. It's as if the rear door starts to get lighter about 8 inches from the front door.

It was definitely not repainted, and I have seen similar anomalies on other smoked pearl vehicles on line and in person.

It seems to have been a very popular color so maybe color consistency is a reason for it being withdrawn.
I wonder if it's an issue of what I'm guessing is an automated painting process that gives certain parts of the car a marginally heavier coat, and the smoked gray pearl have a low opacity making its appearance lighter or darker depending on the total thickness of the paint.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX

I'll give my smoked pearl a better eye this evening, but I don't believe mine suffers from this. That sucks.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Yeah think they were having problem getting correct amount of smoke in it all the time.

XtraPerformance

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
That is the wheel used on the base model LaCrosse. Probably just a mistake like 4wheelforay mentioned. Otherwise, they could be using up extra stock ;).

Pedal Commander